Kirstie Chan's Reviews > The Labyrinth Wall

The Labyrinth Wall by Emilyann Girdner

The story of The Labyrinth Wall is very captivating and sucks you into the world of Creators and the Makh, a race of people made by these Creators. We get inside the mind of an unique Makh and her journey inside this 'Labyrinth' and the struggles the Makh people face inside this maze not only against the Creators, but amongst each other and natural forces.

The world that Emilyann Girdner created is very in-depth and at times it can be really confusing to read. We get taken into something very complicated right away which made the book a bit hard to follow and understand. As you keep reading, it gets even harder to remember the different names of Creators and each purpose they serve. I found myself a bit lost in the beginning which made it hard to continue reading. The book was still interesting enough for me to continue and I found myself unable to stop, especially during the greater portion of the middle to the end of the book. A lot of action occurs at the end of the book and was also a bit confusing. There was so much going on it was hard to keep up with. However, the very end of the book definitely makes readers want more! I know she has a draft of the sequel in works and I can't wait to read the finished product.

This book is a bit graphic in terms of violence and death and it also touches on darker themes such as cannibalism and dehumanization and is much darker than other Young Adult novels I have read. If you aren't sensitive to such themes, then I would suggest giving this book a read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Labyrinth Wall.

Started Reading