Shawna's Reviews > Undertow

Undertow by Cherry Adair

Sep 07, 2010

liked it
bookshelves: author-cherry-adair-tflac, romantic-suspense, im-a-cover-hottie-ho, brothers-sisters-cousins-family, kindle, i-read-kindle, kindle-my-lendable-books, i-read-own-faves-keepers, 2011-reads, action-adventure-treasure-hunting, archaeology-antiquities-scholar, enemies-to-lovers-opposites-attract, exotic-wild-settings-survivor-lovin, hero-attractive-handsome-heartthrob, hero-bad-boy-playboy-player, hero-mix-of-alpha-beta, hero-stud-mantel-hall-of-fame, heroine-abused-traumatic-past-rape, heroine-kickass-spirited-strong, heroine-plain-jane-uglyducklingswan, heroine-tomboy-lady-in-pants, steam-3-hot, unrequited-love-crush, 3-to-4-stars, heroine-i-wanna-bitch-slap-annoying, heroine-undeserving-of-awesome-hero, hero-flirt-charmer-ladies-man, heroine-wtf-does-hero-see-in-her, heroine-i-hated-nearly-ruined-book
Recommended for: Fans of romantic suspense with treasure hunting & action

3 ½ stars – Romantic Suspense

I was a bit underwhelmed with this one. I liked the lush, tropical Caribbean setting and treasure hunting and loved sexy, sweet, flirtatious, happy-go-lucky hero Zane, but heroine Teal made me wanna smack her upside her self-pitying, bitter head. It seemed to take a while for the action and romance to pick up steam, but I found it much more enjoyable once it finally did. So overall it's a mildly entertaining, albeit unremarkable, romantic suspense read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Undertow.

September 7, 2010 – Shelved
May 5, 2011 – Shelved as: heroine-undeserving-of-awesome-hero
January 16, 2012 – Shelved as: hero-flirt-charmer-ladies-man
January 7, 2015 – Shelved as: heroine-wtf-does-hero-see-in-her
January 7, 2015 – Shelved as: heroine-i-hated-nearly-ruined-book

Lisa Kay Whoa, Shawna. This is the first time I've seen shelves longer than the review. I am going to have to check out your bookshelves, especially "I'm-a-cover-hottie-ho". LOL. I really like Cherry Adair, so I think I'll try this one. Thanks!

message 2: by Lisa Kay (last edited Mar 05, 2011 02:56PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lisa Kay My gracious, Shawna. You have over 500 books on your "I'm-a-cover-hottie-ho" bookshelf! 585 actually. And they are all very hot! Impressive. I couldn't look at them all. I don't want the drool to damage my keyboard. LOL. Thanks!

MelissaB I agree with your review Shawna!

Shawna LOL! Thanks Lisa Kay! I'm glad you enjoyed the hotness!

Yeah, we seem to have the same feelings about this one, Melissa. It was okay, just nothing great about it. It's weird 'cause somehow my review for this was missing. I guess got deleted somehow? I hadn't noticed until I saw your review. Good thing 'cause I would have been mad if later on I forgot and re-read this. LOL!

MelissaB Shawna - I had one review disappear once. I need to start backing them up on my computer, I started to then stopped.

Laura Teal definitely could've used a smack upside her head!! LOL!

Shawna Teal drove me crazy!