Janet Sketchley's Reviews > More Questions Than Answers: Sharing Faith by Listening

More Questions Than Answers by Eleanor Shepherd

Sep 07, 2010

bookshelves: nonfiction
Read from September 07 to October 20, 2010

No matter  how secure our faith, we all have questions, issues, things we don’t fully understand.

In More Questions than Answers, Eleanor Shepherd reminds us that honesty about these very things is the beginning of a journey that benefits us as well as the friends with whom we walk.

Spiritual accompaniment is unconditional friendship. Our non-Christian friend is not a project to be discarded if she doesn’t come to believe as we do. Nor is our Christian friend to be set aside if he doesn’t grow as fast as we’d like.

This is a book for Christians who want to be more valuable spiritually in the lives of those around them. It isn’t evangelism-by-the-numbers; it’s investment in the lives of those God gives us.

I appreciate books like this that emphasize faith conversations rather than confrontation, and that teach us to value the whole person.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read More Questions Than Answers.