Jen's Reviews > I Am Pilgrim

I Am Pilgrim by Terry Hayes
Rate this book
Clear rating

by
27709782
's review

it was amazing
bookshelves: 5-star-favourites, mystery, heart-racing-thriller

INTENSE & THRILLING. My heart is still palpitating. Hayes' first crime narrative takes us through a labyrinth of deception, espionage and bioterrorism through various countries, shocking cultures and disturbing deaths. Jack Pilgrim is not your average CIA. I Am Pilgrim is not your average crime novel. It had me teetering on the edge of my chair chewing my nails down to the cuticle. Amazing 5 ☆ must read.
69 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I Am Pilgrim.
Sign In »

Reading Progress

February 18, 2015 – Shelved
February 18, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read
April 12, 2015 – Started Reading
April 13, 2015 –
0.0% "Holy Crap! This is engrossing!!! I wish I could stay at home today and read this!"
April 19, 2015 – Finished Reading
July 27, 2015 – Shelved as: 5-star-favourites
March 7, 2016 – Shelved as: mystery
March 7, 2016 – Shelved as: heart-racing-thriller

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)

dateDown arrow    newest »

Cathrine ☯️ You had me at "holy crap!"


message 2: by Jen (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jen Sooooo sooo good!


message 3: by Lisa (new) - added it

Lisa Ha! I've been waiting for your review of this as I have this one and am looking forward to reading it - you have confirmed my thoughts that I'm going to love it - thanks Jen!


message 4: by Jen (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jen Lisa wrote: "Ha! I've been waiting for your review of this as I have this one and am looking forward to reading it - you have confirmed my thoughts that I'm going to love it - thanks Jen!"

I hope you like it too, Lisa. It really was outstanding...I hear there will be a movie! I have to say this isn't my usual genre am so glad I saw it here on GR otherwise may have missed it.


Connie Reading this now....well listening to it! It is like a bad wreck....you can't not look.....I get so mesmerized while I am driving I may end up the bad wreck!!


message 6: by Jen (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jen Connie wrote: "Reading this now....well listening to it! It is like a bad wreck....you can't not look.....I get so mesmerized while I am driving I may end up the bad wreck!!"

Yikes! Don't do that! I've yet to check out any audio books - I don't think I could do both at the same time either never mind driving as well! Can't wait to see your review!


☮Karen That does it, putting this on hold now!! Have been waiting for my library to bring out an audio copy, but I'll just have to read this one instead. 24th in line :(


message 8: by Jen (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jen ☮Karen wrote: "That does it, putting this on hold now!! Have been waiting for my library to bring out an audio copy, but I'll just have to read this one instead. 24th in line :("

Worth the wait and the read!


message 9: by Jen (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jen It was hands down just like you said Susan!


message 10: by Dawn (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dawn So glad you loved it as well. I just thought it was brilliant. Now one of my all-time favorites!


Cathrine ☯️ Would love to have a thriller like this come up on a monthly group pick. May need to start a buddy read. Think how much more thrilling & exciting it could be feeding off of the tension! Or, maybe I've been too tame in my reading choices as of late⤵︎


message 12: by Jen (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jen Dawn wrote: "So glad you loved it as well. I just thought it was brilliant. Now one of my all-time favorites!"

Now one of mine too...The author has another one coming out in September...can't wait!


message 13: by Jen (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jen Cathrine wrote: "Would love to have a thriller like this come up on a monthly group pick. May need to start a buddy read. Think how much more thrilling & exciting it could be feeding off of the tension! Or, maybe I..."


Maybe me too - that would be a great idea - they would just have to be as awesomely good! Hayes has another one coming out in the fall. Maybe we can buddy up on that one!


Cathrine ☯️ Jen wrote: "Cathrine wrote: "Would love to have a thriller like this come up on a monthly group pick. May need to start a buddy read. Think how much more thrilling & exciting it could be feeding off of the ten..."

Thanks for the rec Jen!


message 15: by Jen (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jen Cathrine wrote: "Jen wrote: "Cathrine wrote: "Would love to have a thriller like this come up on a monthly group pick. May need to start a buddy read. Think how much more thrilling & exciting it could be feeding of..."

My pleasure!


message 16: by Jennifer (new) - added it

Jennifer Wow! Going on the list. Would have never thought to pick it up, but sounds fabulous.


message 17: by Jen (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jen Jennifer wrote: "Wow! Going on the list. Would have never thought to pick it up, but sounds fabulous."

It is great! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.


Andrew Smith I agree - best thriller I've read in the past 12 months.


message 19: by Jen (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jen Andrew wrote: "I agree - best thriller I've read in the past 12 months."

It so was. It's now out in trade back and will have to purchase as there is a part deux to be released.


Jennifer Masterson Great review, Jen! :)


message 21: by Jen (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jen Thanks Jen! As yours is :)


message 22: by Annet (new) - added it

Annet Jen, your review makes me want to read this book soon! :-) have it on my shelves...


message 23: by Jen (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jen Thanks Annet! It's a good one - hope you get to it!


message 24: by Maureen (new)

Maureen Terrific review Jen.


message 25: by Jen (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jen Thanks Maureen - this one was super fast paced


back to top