Leah's Reviews > The Mistress of Tall Acre

The Mistress of Tall Acre by Laura Frantz

Feb 17, 2015

bookshelves: read-in-2015

I always look forward to any new release from Laura Frantz. She has found her way to the top of my favorite author’s list and I don’t see her leaving that spot any time soon!

The Mistress of Tall Acre was slightly different from Laura Frantz’s previous novels but that didn’t change the fact that it was still beautifully written and entrancing. Her novels have a way of drawing you in and refusing to let go until long after you’ve read the last page. I took my sweet time reading this book because I didn’t want to rush through it and miss the magic. I was glad I did because I was able to savour it more with each page.

I was a little disappointed with the description of this book because I feel like it gives too much of the story away. Especially since part of the description doesn’t even happen until the last quarter of the book! So because of that, I’m only going to give you a small description - though you’ll probably go read the book description anyway because don’t we all?

The Mistress of Tall Acre is set in the post-American Revolution. Sophie is awaiting news from her brother as her home is on the verge of being taken from her and leaving her homeless. Her neighbor Seamus, a widower with a young daughter, takes a shine to Sophie and they both must decide what is best for their futures.

Laura Frantz created another winning cast of characters. Lily Cate is liable to steal your heart - she is so innocent and sweet, you can’t help but love her.

I’m always disappointed when I finish a Laura Frantz novel because I know I have to wait a while for the next one. But I love that for a short amount of time I can be whisked away to another time and place and be entertained for several hours. Whatever Laura Frantz writes, I will read!

I received a free copy of this book from the publisher in exchange for my honest review. I received no compensation for this review, nor was I required to write a positive review. All opinions stated are my own.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Mistress of Tall Acre.

February 17, 2015 – Shelved