Nikita Jhanglani's Reviews > Wrong, for the right reasons

Wrong, for the right reasons by Ritu Lalit

19827437
Feb 17, 2015

That it is not perfect when it has no flaws, says everything/ every human who doles out tips for living a happy life. It is perfect when you accept the imperfect for what it is. Ritu gives out this message loud and clear in her story, Wrong, for the Right Reasons.

Ups and downs in life are no new news. When life goes up, clarity of mind and thought, hope, and the strength to look forward tags along. When it goes down, well that is when the real story begins. All hope, strength, and clarity move out to give space to people who define the "right" and the "wrong" for you. Everywhere you go, there'll be somebody twitching their nose in disgust over the choices you make.

What do you do then? You do what Shyamoli Gopal does. Falling down, she gets up again. Losing, she wins her battles. She lets go of those who don't have the courage to be with her, she holds them close who bring her heart hope.

With Shyamoli's story, Ritu inspires you to believe that it is you who defines the right and wrong of your life. You may not always make the right decision. But in making a decision, you get the courage to face the wrong and make it right; you get a sense of you.

Everything from the characters to the situations is relatable. Every nuance in the many relationships in the story is portrayed beautifully. I especially loved the way Ritu shows the bond that Shyamoli and Uma share. Gulpari is another one of my favorite people from the story. The characters of Samar and Ketaki are well-written; they are a consolation to your heart that undoubtedly goes out to Shyamoli.

This is a story touched my heart from the time I started reading it; it definitely is way better than most of the self-help gyaan that I've ever come across. Kudos on bringing out a lovely story Ritu.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wrong, for the right reasons.

February 17, 2015 – Started Reading