Rebekah Schrepfer's Reviews > Edges of Truth: The Mary Weaver Story

Edges of Truth by Deb Brammer

bookshelves: favorites
Read 2 times. Last read October 2, 2015 to February 27, 2016.

Edges of Truth is a true story of a woman falsely convicted of murder. I love real life crime stories, and this really satisfied my appetite for it. I was swept up in the story of injustice and redemption and couldn’t put the book down! The issue of shaken baby syndrome is explored as well as the difficulties of the legal system. Although there are a lot of legal and medical details, Deb Brammer brings the reader along easily. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Deb Brammer is a missionary wife serving with her husband under Baptist Mid Missions. She is an incredible author both for adults and children. She also writes puppet plays and church programs especially geared toward small churches. So I love that!

Art & Deb Brammer wrote this companion Bible Study book to go along with the story of Mary Weaver, ".I Survived: 5 Bible Characters Who Survived Disasters". Though the study can be done without the novel, it really does dovetail well with it. I especially appreciated chapter 7 and the discussion about the role of hardships. The Brammers make an important distinction between hardship and sin.

“Hardship produces spiritual growth, but sin hinders progress and makes a Christian ineffective.”

Read more of my book reviews at MostlySensible.com.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Edges of Truth.

Finished Reading (Kindle Edition)
October 30, 2014 – Shelved (Kindle Edition)
October 30, 2014 – Shelved as: to-read (Kindle Edition)
February 16, 2015 – Shelved