Catherine's Reviews > SCADA and Me: A Book for Children and Management

SCADA and Me by Robert M. Lee

did not like it
bookshelves: first-reads

I entered into the first reads giveaway for this book because I thought it looked interesting. I have friends that are in elementary education and thought they might want to use it in their classrooms. However, after reading this book I didn't even show it to them. I had some of my family and friends read the book hoping that they would find something positive about it. They did not. I even had people who were familiar with SCADA read the book. No one was impressed and said that it was not an accurate explanation of what SCADA is.

The immediate responses of readers was either "What?", "Huh?", or "Stupid."

When asked to elaborate on their response the main complaints about the book were as follows:
It seems like there is an agenda.
There is never a good explanation of what SCADA is.
It portrays that the everyday person can protect SCADA and this is not the case.
Left with more questions about SCADA after reading the book and not in a good way.

I find it highly disappointing because the author seems to be well educated and published. However, that was not shown in his writting. I really wish I could give this book a good review but it was terrible. I have nothing positive to say about it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read SCADA and Me.

Started Reading
February 16, 2014 – Finished Reading
February 16, 2015 – Shelved
February 16, 2015 – Shelved as: first-reads

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

message 1: by Rob (new) - rated it 1 star

Rob Coke Correct assessment.

Only argument I present is the author is likely NOT well educated. He lists all of his professional merits, but if they held any weight he would be in the professional world not writing abominations like this.