Mel's Reviews > Of Neptune

Of Neptune by Anna Banks

it was ok
bookshelves: 2-stars, audiobook, read-in-2015

On a scale of 'this book sucked' to 'this was the best book i've ever read' this book falls about on 'why the hell was this even written.'
Book one was amazing. Book 2 was okay, not great, not really needed, but fine. Had a solid ending and could have been a duology.
Not a single word of this book was necessary. Not one.
Reasons you ask?
Well for starters, the author thought it would be a GREAT idea to add a love triangle in the last book of a trilogy. Not the first book, not the second book, no, the last book. Galen and Emma were basically the Syrena version of engaged and she thought a love triangle would make this more interesting. Well news flash: it doesn't.
Which brings me to my second reason this book was useless: Emma and Galen spend approximately 100 pages of the book together. IF that. They are separated the entire book. It's actually pretty dumb to be honest. Like I really saw no point to this entire storyline. Neptune was a cool place IN THEORY, but needed to be a key plot point starting book 2, not book 3.
The introduction of Reed was, again, pretty useless. Yes it was nice to meet another half breed, and I am sure I would have liked him under any other circumstances, but it is really hard to like a guy introduced in the third book of a trilogy to put a wrench in the main love interest.
(view spoiler)

The book really doesn't need to exist. Nor does book 2. Anna Banks could have made this story SO much better had she written book 1 and added a few conclusion chapters at the end of book 1. The book was very short it's not like it was a length thing. This would have been an amazing stand alone. So therefore I recommend you read book 1, I do, because it's amazing. But I don't really recommend going further than that because you'll just be wasting your time (and since I just wasted mine I feel like I can take one for the team and have wasted mine for the sake of everyone else).

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Of Neptune.

February 16, 2015 – Shelved
February 16, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read
March 30, 2015 – Started Reading
March 30, 2015 –
March 30, 2015 –
25.0% "How did this series go so downhill???"
March 31, 2015 –
50.0% "I am absolutely SO uninterested in this ridiculous love triangle. Who adds a love triangle in the third book a trilogy?"
March 31, 2015 –
50.0% "Don't DNF halfway through the last book.... don't do it.."
March 31, 2015 – Shelved as: 2-stars