Jennifer's Reviews > Angela: Asgard's Assassin #3

Angela by Kieron Gillen

bookshelves: comics-graphic-novels

This series is young at its third issue, and I have been waiting for that first issue to come through that finally bursts forth as something I can point to that says "This is what Angela: Asgard's Assassin" is all about.

She's still being chased down by Thor, but it also turns out that she has a heart that has sacrificed for what she loves!

Angela is a strange character, raised in a culture with some seriously screwed up values. It makes for good science fiction, but it takes some warming up to wrap one's head around it. But I think we're finally at that point, with a glimpse into the history between Angela and her dearest friend Sera.

It is with this issue that Angela's story finally leaps away from the She-Ra The Movie / Red Sonja mash up feel that had put some serious drag on my excitement for this book. No that there's anything wrong with that mash up, because I would absolutely read that. But Angela is complicated, and a little crazy. She is definitely driven by very different things than either of those iconic lady warriors, and that difference is the story I've been waiting for.

Kieron Gillen starts in this book to make good on that promise.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Angela.

Finished Reading