Kelly's Reviews > The BFG

The BFG by Roald Dahl

Sep 05, 2010

bookshelves: chamomile, dis-over-my-dead-body

If I was a adult with her mind where it should not be (hmmm..child 'napper much), I would most definitely have something entirely different to say about where Dahl could have gone with this story. But I will settle for protesting against the fact that he didn't begin a series. Darn you! Darn you to heck!

I was brought to this story purely by my interest in giants. 'The Selfish Giant.' The greedy giants. The Jolly Green Giant (hey, after all these years he is pretty hot looking). Man-eating giants with three eyes. Man-eating giants with one eye (Cyclops, or for the mystifyingly intelligent, Kuklōps).

They utterly delighted me. I had an iron clad stomach when I was a child (don't you just love how horomones change all the nice things about life?) and could sit in the Juvi section with those books awash with the red rampages of the beasts (the psychotic mammals are beasts...not just anything that eats humans). I found it was most likely the patrons that would protest against what book you had in your hands. Meddling kids.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The BFG.