Luke Burrage's Reviews > Leviathan Wakes

Leviathan Wakes by James S.A. Corey

Well. That was a book. 2.5 stars.

Full review on my podcast, SFBRP episode #267.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Leviathan Wakes.

February 15, 2015 – Started Reading
February 15, 2015 – Shelved as: reviewed-on-the-sfbrp
February 15, 2015 –
page 1
February 19, 2015 –
5.0% "I'm way behind Juliane on this one. And it's an ebook not an audiobook, so I can't cheat to catch up quickly."
February 22, 2015 –
15.0% "Good so far."
February 27, 2015 –
55.0% "I honestly did not see that mid-point story/tone/genre shift coming. Is this a sign of great writing that will only make sense later, or bad writing that will make sense later?"
February 28, 2015 –
75.0% "I can't tell which character is the viewpoint character anymore, now they are in the same location. I have to consciously check the character names on a paragraph by paragraph basis."
February 28, 2015 –
March 1, 2015 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)

Jamie Just listened to your review.
I'm midway through the second book and thought you would appreciate some feedback if you were remotely considering continuing the series.
Basically you get more of the same, the story does expand and reveal a slightly bigger picture but i think you would find it as average as Leviathan Wakes.
For me personally it is doing a nice job of keeping me entertained while I walk the dogs and drive.
To be honest I was looking for a space adventure to fill a gap while waiting for the last Poseidons Children book to come out. It will suffice.

Jenny (Reading Envy) I listened to the podcast and I just wanted to say that we completely agree on this book. (See? It had to happen sometime!)

Luke Burrage Jenny (Reading Envy) wrote: "I listened to the podcast and I just wanted to say that we completely agree on this book. (See? It had to happen sometime!)"

I'm going to be reviewing Her Smoke Rose Up Forever soon, so hold on to your hats!

Jenny (Reading Envy) Luke wrote: "Jenny (Reading Envy) wrote: "I listened to the podcast and I just wanted to say that we completely agree on this book. (See? It had to happen sometime!)"

I'm going to be reviewing Her Smoke Rose ..."

The anthology or the story? OH man.

Luke Burrage Jenny (Reading Envy) wrote: "Luke wrote: "Jenny (Reading Envy) wrote: "I listened to the podcast and I just wanted to say that we completely agree on this book. (See? It had to happen sometime!)"

I'm going to be reviewing He..."

The anthology. I'm actually really enjoying it. I'm annoyed that we picked The Girl Who Was Plugged In to talk about on SFFaudio, because that one is my least favourite of all the stories I've read so far. Compared to most of them, it's just painful to read. I've really enjoyed The Women Men Don't See, Houston, Houston, Do You Read?, With Delicate Mad Hands, and A Momentary Taste of Being. They all felt solidly written and substantial in a way that The Girl Who Was Plugged In totally missed for me.

I'm up to We Who Stole the Dream.

Jenny (Reading Envy) The title story is still my favorite, but I think I connect with it more than you would. Houston, Houston was alarming (but good) and With Delicate Mad Hands - both amazing. I have another anthology of "his" stories that I want to read soon.