Rebecca (everyday reader)'s Reviews > Seize the Night

Seize the Night by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Sep 04, 2010

bookshelves: paranormal-romance
Read from February 09, 2011 to April 16, 2014

Poor Valerius!! Everybody hates him for what his grandfather did and for being Roman, but no one understands him until Tabitha almost kills him. Brought in by Artemis to screw with the other Dark-Hunter's in New Orleans, Valerius is reserved and proper. Tabitha of the Devereaux clan is flamboyant and lives by her own rules. They are a perfect match, they complete each other. Marla is a trip, Nick and Simi 'meet', Desiderius is back but not for long, and Ash almost dies and dooms his best friend. Great read with lots going on!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Seize the Night.

Quotes Rebecca (everyday reader) Liked

Sherrilyn Kenyon
“Relax. You're in good hands. Tabby wont hurt you.

She stabbed me!

Damn! I told her not to stab any more Hunters. I hate it when she does that.”

Sherrilyn Kenyon
“still waters run deep. ~Tabitha”

Sherrilyn Kenyon
“Laugh it up, asshole. But she who laughs last laughs longest, and I intend to belly roll tonight ~Tabitha”

Sherrilyn Kenyon
“But as the Roman playwright Terence once wrote, From many a bad beginning great friendships have formed”

Sherrilyn Kenyon
“Don't be cocky, 'Pride cometh before the fall”

Sherrilyn Kenyon
“Nah. I got it. Just try not to stake Jean-Luc again if you meet up with him. (Acheron)
I can’t help it. All you fanged people look alike in the dark. (Tabitha)
Yeah. I know what you mean. All you soul-full people look alike to us, too. (Acheron)”

Sherrilyn Kenyon
“Where are you anyway? (Acheron)
I don't know. I hear some godawful kind of music from outside, horns blaring, and I'm in a house with a Mohawk cuckoo bird, a transvestite, and a knife-wielding lunatic. (Valerius)
Why are you at Tabitha's? (Acheron)”

Sherrilyn Kenyon
“Relax, you're in good hands. Tabby won't hurt you. (Acheron)
She stabbed me! (Valerius)
Damn, I told her not to stab any more Hunters. I hate it when she does that. (Acheron)
You hate it?! I'm the one with the festering wound. (Valerius)
Really? I've never known a Dark-Hunter to have a festering wound before. At least not externally. (Acheron)”

Sherrilyn Kenyon
“You don't call Acheron 'babe.' (Valerius)
You don't call Acheron 'babe' because...well, that's just sick. But I call him 'babe' all the time. (Tabitha)”

Sherrilyn Kenyon
“Don't worry, Otto. I'm an acquired taste. Most of my best friends had to know me for years before they could even stand my presence. I'm like mold, I usually grow on you very slowly. (Tabitha)”

Sherrilyn Kenyon
“What? It's not my fault I stab all the fanged people. They shouldn't look like Daimons. (Tabitha)
I didn't look like a Daimon, but you stabbed me. (Valerius)
Yeah, well, you looked like a lawyer so I had to kill you. It was a moral imperative. (Tabitha)”

Sherrilyn Kenyon
“Just how many sisters do you have? (Valerius)
Eight. (Tabitha)
Eight? (Valerius)
What? (Tabitha)
I'm just pitying whatever poor males lived in that house with all of you. It must have been truly frightening at least one week out of every month. (Valerius)
Was that a joke? (Tabitha)
Merely a frightening statement of fact. (Valerius)”

Sherrilyn Kenyon
“I can't believe you married a justice nymph and have yet to learn anything from her. There are always three sides to every memory, Z. Yours, theirs, and the truth, which lies somewhere in between the two. (Acheron)”

Sherrilyn Kenyon
“What the hell are you? (Desiderius)
I'm her godfather, with a heavy emphasis on the god part. (Acheron)”

Sherrilyn Kenyon
“I love you, I love you, I love you! And if you ever die on me again, I'll kill you so dead! (Tabitha) ”

Sherrilyn Kenyon
“Weddings have always been a fascinating thing to me. A time when people look in each others eyes and promise each other they will never allow anyone or anything to divide them. Out of two families, they come together to form a separate branch that links back to their roots. It's a time when two families are joined together because of the hearts of two people. A time when ill will and bad feelings should be put to rest along with the past. Weddings signify a new beginning. After all, no human alive has ever been able to choose his family...God knows, I would never have chosen mine. But as the Roman playwright Terence once wrote, 'From many a bad beginning great friendships have formed.' (Zarek)”

Sherrilyn Kenyon
“Life is serious. (Valerius)
No, life is an adventure. It's thrilling and scary. Sometimes it's even a bit boring, but it should never be serious. (Tabitha)”

04/17/2014 marked as: read

Laura the Highland Hussy I loved when Valerius called Ash and was like "I'm in a weird room with a cross-dresser..."
Ash asked him "Why are you at Tabby's house?"
I'm glad you liked it-he was one of my favorite Dark-Hunter heroes

Rebecca (everyday reader) I also like it when Tabitha calls Acheron gorgeous babe and Valerius tries to correct her.

Laura the Highland Hussy The penis pasta was pretty good too :)