Shelby *trains flying monkeys*'s Reviews > Cold Moon

Cold Moon by Alexandra Sokoloff

bookshelves: favorite-series, netgalley, read-2015, serial-killer-dude

Let's get something out of the way. Alexandra Sokoloff writes a damn fine book. I thought her edge might wear off but she stays strong. This is the third book in her Huntress/FBI storyline and I can't decide which one of them I love the most.
She takes the time to research her writing, there is good flow with her words and her characters come to life. Bravo.
I'm done fangirling now... so about the book.

Cara Lindstorm has been arrested and suddenly the sixteen year old girl that was the prosecutions witness goes missing. While Cara is still in custody a pimp is murdered and his slaying is very similar to Cara's MO. Then more evil men are turning up dead.

Roarke is still haunted by Cara and he is a tortured hero but there is one thing that stands out about his character. His demons don't make me hate him. Sometimes reading a book that has a male lead can lead to cockiness and if they do have a weakness it gets to the point where I just want to smack them. It has not happened with Roarke yet, I still like him.

Then you have Cara, a female serial killer. She didn't make herself that way though. Her past is violently cruel and the way that the whole story-line of her seeing "IT" comes into play. You just believe she can see that evil.
Whether IT was a seperate, independant force or just a word for the evil that humans beings do, Roarke didn't know. He only knew that evil was real.
IT was evil.

I do not want to give much of the story away because I think more people should read these books. They make you rage, think and question what is right and wrong.

There is a trigger warning for some of you: This book involves human trafficking.

The murders all of which they attributed to Santa Muerte:
She is out there.
But she is not the only one.
This is a call to arms.
This is a war on rape culture.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cold Moon.

February 14, 2015 – Shelved
May 18, 2015 – Started Reading
May 20, 2015 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)

message 1: by K.M. (new) - added it

K.M. Montemayor Great review! Sounds intriguing.

message 2: by Heather L (new)

Heather L Nice! Can't wait to start this series....

S.M. West Fab review, girl!! Not sure if you know...there's going to be a book 4!! *squee* I admit, I got a crush on both Roarke and Cara :D xoxo

Shelby *trains flying monkeys* K.M. wrote: "Great review! Sounds intriguing."

These books are just pure awesomeness. :)

Shelby *trains flying monkeys* Heather *please, please shut it and let me read* wrote: "Nice! Can't wait to start this series...."

*do it*
If you like Criminal Minds you will like these. She does a fantastic job with them.

Shelby *trains flying monkeys* Suzanne wrote: "Fab review, girl!! Not sure if you know...there's going to be a book 4!! *squee* I admit, I got a crush on both Roarke and Cara :D xoxo"

That last sentence of the book made me think there was going to be. I'm so glad. I'm not ready to leave these characters yet. I'm crushing on them both too.
It will be interesting to see where she goes from here.

Kelly (and the Book Boar) Great review! Do you need to read the first two before jumping in to this one or does it give enough backstory filler to catch you up to speed on returning characters/plotlines???

Shelby *trains flying monkeys* Kelly (and the Book Boar) wrote: "Great review! Do you need to read the first two before jumping in to this one or does it give enough backstory filler to catch you up to speed on returning characters/plotlines???"

I think you need to read the others first. Their history together makes up part of the story.
Plus, they are both awesome books. :)

Kelly (and the Book Boar) I was about to get all cussy and ragey, but then I went back to NetGalley and saw all three were available, so yay!

message 10: by Shelby *trains flying monkeys* (last edited May 21, 2015 01:32PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Shelby *trains flying monkeys* Kelly (and the Book Boar) wrote: "I was about to get all cussy and ragey, but then I went back to NetGalley and saw all three were available, so yay!"

Yay! Grab them all. They are so worth it.
I can't believe this author chick isn't famous yet.

Rachel Reads Ravenously Fantastic review Shelby! Glad you enjoyed :)

Shelby *trains flying monkeys* Rachel ♥Reads Ravenously♥ wrote: "Fantastic review Shelby! Glad you enjoyed :)"

Thanks Rachel :)

message 13: by Rag (new)

Rag Amazing review hun!

Shelby *trains flying monkeys* Rag wrote: "Amazing review hun!"

Thanks Rag :)