Tammy Zautner's Reviews > Clear: A Death Trippers Novel

Clear by Jessica Park

bookshelves: 2015, 6-stars, worthy-reads-of-2015

6 Stars

Death to a tripper is like drugs to an addict.

Paranormal is not usually my forte; however, the synopsis of Clear held such an original and neat concept I knew I NEEDED this book immediately! Sam, Stella, and Costa’s story is truly an epic and unique spin on the paranormal world.

Forewarning, this review will be quite vague, there were just way too many twists and turns, that anything I say will ruin it, and I do not want to do that. It is a bitch to write reviews for books like this one, because each piece of the puzzle leads to the next piece and the next piece leads to the overall big picture. One slip could ruin the entire book for another reader. Clear is one of those books you definitely need to go into blind. Seriously, just sit back and enjoy that edge of your seat feeling. I promise you will not regret it.

I will be honest, at first, I was so damn confused, and I continuously thought there is no way in hell I am going to like or finish this. I was excitingly surprised when Sam and Stella did not take more than a chapter or so to suck me right in and hook me. It was not long before those WTFs become intrigued WTFs. Death tripping is a journey that will have your mind spinning in all kinds of directions, leaving the reader wondering how in the world Ms. Park will pull it all together.

Each character attributed his or her own brand of influence to the intricate depth of the overall plot; no one person was secondary. I was blown away by the multi-dimensional connection and chemistry that was spot on and true to each character’s personality. These were not just characters to me; I bonded and connected with them as their journeys took turns I never saw coming. My heart broke, crying at the injustice, and then it mended and it smiled as each piece of happiness fell back into place.

Days later, I am still obsessed with these characters! I cannot stop singing their praises to everyone I talk to.

There is nothing better, in my book, than a story written with such seducing and engaging intensity. Every page is written with vivid attention to the intricate details and complex characters. Clear is poignant, raw, and sometimes downright gritty. Everything about it pushes boundaries, giving a completely new meaning to the moralities of life and death, love and loyalty, reality and perception.

Favorite book of 2015!!

For my first book by this author, I am absolutely in awe—girl crushing mega hard! I am pretty close to hero-worshipping right now. There aren’t many authors I would love to get inside the mind of but Park is one of them. It was easy to tell Jessica poured her soul into this novel; she showed this with every word written and each turn of the page. Simply put, her writing is brilliant and all-consuming.

In case you couldn’t tell from my review, this is one book you will find is completely unforgettable.

Clear comes as a wicked high recommendation from me!!

Thank you, Jessica Park, for a complementary copy of Clear.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Clear.

February 14, 2015 – Started Reading
February 14, 2015 – Shelved
February 14, 2015 – Shelved as: 2015
February 14, 2015 – Shelved as: 6-stars
February 14, 2015 – Shelved as: worthy-reads-of-2015
February 14, 2015 – Finished Reading
February 15, 2015 –

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by KathyAnne (new) - added it

KathyAnne Can't wait to read this one... great review!

Tammy  Zautner ChattyKat wrote: "Can't wait to read this one... great review!"

Thank you!