Cherie's Reviews > The Legacy Human

The Legacy Human by Susan Kaye Quinn

Elijah Brighton longs to ascend to something better in Susan Kaye Quinn's The Legacy Human. This novel has a glimmer of The Hunger Games to it with a dystopian world, haves (Ascenders) and have nots (regular humans), and a highly competitive and dangerous games (Creative Olympics), but Quinn transcends the story from the familiar to the extraordinary. There is more to Eli, the artist and main character, than even he realizes. He's brave and compassionate, prone to jealousy and anger, and wants more than anything to save his mother from the disease that's killing her--that can be cured with ascenders' gen tech but denied to her because she's human. The friendship and love of family Eli has adds to the tension of the story. The stakes are high. This story is so intense I felt I couldn't get a proper breath. This novel seeps into a person's subconscious. Quinn's futuristic world feels real. The Legacy Human by Susan Kaye Quinn will stick with you after you finish reading and leave you pondering the question of technology and what makes up our humanity. I'm looking forward to the next book!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Legacy Human.

February 13, 2015 – Shelved