Teresa's Reviews > All That Mullarkey

All That Mullarkey by Sue Moorcroft

bookshelves: 2011-read, romance, modern-fiction, choc-lit

I've been meaning to pick up this book for ages, especially after reading Starting Over (and loving it) and learning a bit part of Ratty stars in this book. And I when I eventually did start reading, I didn't want to put it down! It really has page turning quality.

I can't quite give this book five stars, because although I loved Justin, (Sue has a marvellous way of making us love her heroes) he still wasn't quite Ratty in Starting Over (who is my all time fave at the moment).

So it's more 4 and a half stars really... because Justin is rather sexy.

I don't want to write spoilers, all I can say, there is a lovely sub plot to this story which does keep us guessing. There's true conflict between Justin and Cleo, things never really go their way. It's full of misunderstandings and things happening right at the wrong moment. Conflict! Conflict! Conflict!

Sue has a wonderful way of bringing in the real world, making the characters three dimensional in that sense. I really do enjoy her style of writing.

Thanks for another fab read!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read All That Mullarkey.

September 3, 2010 – Shelved
June 26, 2011 – Started Reading
June 26, 2011 –
page 30
June 27, 2011 –
page 47
14.64% "Just a couple of quick chapters as I need to concentrate on writing tonight. Maybe read more later..."
June 28, 2011 –
page 93
June 29, 2011 –
page 122
38.01% "Sneaky couple of chapters as unfortunately I need to be writing, well, editing."
July 1, 2011 –
page 189
58.88% "as I didn't get to read any last night, I had to read loads tonight, and I just couldn't put it down."
July 2, 2011 –
page 241
75.08% "I didn't want to put this down, but real life is calling me!"
July 3, 2011 –
page 336
100% "sat out in the garden and finished it! Now I've neglected my family, better go see what needs doing. Will review later."
July 3, 2011 – Shelved as: 2011-read