Ele's Reviews > Baked Fresh

Baked Fresh by Annabeth Albert

bookshelves: friends-to-lovers, hottest-man-on-man-action

*3.5 stars rounded up because I 've fallen in love with the author's writing*

Do you know what else I like besides coffee? CAKE! All kinds of cake. I can eat it instead of food and after reading this I feel like I gained 10 pounds.

What I liked the most in this book was how imperfect the characters were. Don't get me wrong, I love the occasional hunk with the six pack abs, but a dose of reality every now and then doesn't hurt.

For the most part of the story I liked Vic and Robin together. I felt the connection between them getting stronger and stronger. Towards the end though, Vic's insecurities, albeit understandable , became a bit tiresome. But what bothered me the most was how pushy he got. The guy is asking for some space man, back off a little bit.

And then the epilogue came....and it was so gorgeous I forgot all of the above!

I can't wait for the next addition to the series!

P.S To all those guys with a receding hairline : Shave your heads! No hair is better than little hair. Plus, it can be pretty hot.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Baked Fresh.

February 12, 2015 – Shelved
February 12, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read
April 30, 2015 – Started Reading
April 30, 2015 –
May 2, 2015 – Shelved as: friends-to-lovers
May 2, 2015 – Shelved as: hottest-man-on-man-action
May 2, 2015 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)

~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~ Loved this, more than book 1 I think.

message 2: by Ele (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ele So far so good, but I'm only 10%in

~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~ Eleftheria wrote: "So far so good, but I'm only 10%in"

It gets pretty hot!

Catherine Same, Dani. This one just edged out book 1 with an extra 1/4 Star from me. I'm looking forward to the final book in the series. I totally dig the author's writing style.

Renée Lol, Vic bothered me a little too much with the "love me, love me" so I liked #1 more, but regardless, this author is pretty much an autobuy for me now. I just love reading anything she wants to write.

message 6: by Ele (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ele Renee wrote: "Lol, Vic bothered me a little too much with the "love me, love me" so I liked #1 more, but regardless, this author is pretty much an autobuy for me now. I just love reading anything she wants to wr..."

For the love of God, Robin was trying to leave and Vic was like "let me cook for you, you 'll feel better.I'll cook for you". He doesn't want to eat man!He needs space!
But other than that I totally loved Vic. And the sex was wow

message 7: by Ele (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ele Catherine wrote: "Same, Dani. This one just edged out book 1 with an extra 1/4 Star from me. I'm looking forward to the final book in the series. I totally dig the author's writing style."

I agree with everything

Renée Eleftheria wrote: "Renee wrote: "Lol, Vic bothered me a little too much with the "love me, love me" so I liked #1 more, but regardless, this author is pretty much an autobuy for me now. I just love reading anything s..."

OMG yes! Needy and desperate....party of 1.

~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~ He was just insecure, but he was such a good guy. I didn't read him as desperate.

I am so looking forward to book 3 in the series.

Renée Definitely insecure. And it's not that I think he was desperate, but the actions at the end were desperate.

Can't wait for book 3 regardless! It's not every day we all agree on an author to love! I'm all smiles about this, ladies.

message 11: by Ele (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ele ~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~ wrote: "He was just insecure, but he was such a good guy. I didn't read him as desperate.

I am so looking forward to book 3 in the series."

Yes I'm oly talking about his actions at the end, after the "event".Not desperate per se, more like pushy.

But I definately loved him.I don't know why I waited so long to start this series.Can't wait for book 3. I love her writing

~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~ I am loving the blurb for book 3:

"His flannel-and-tattoos style is making him accidentally trendy ... And the hot bakery delivery boy is not his problem, no matter how sweet his buns."

*giggles*

Renee, have you been to Portland? I've visited a few times, including last summer for a week, and I appreciate these books all the more for it.

message 13: by Ele (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ele ~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~ wrote: "I am loving the blurb for book 3:

*giggles..."

The blurb has me drooling...Tattoos and delivery boys and buns♥♥♥

Renée ~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~ wrote: "I am loving the blurb for book 3:

*giggles..."

I haven't, no. Though I'd love to visit Northwest soon. The furthest west I've been is Vegas. I've always wanted to go to Seattle.....

Renée And I must say that tattoos and flannel have me drooling a bit. That's a look I can firmly appreciate. I'd much rather that than the "suit". Just personal preference.