Paige Bookdragon's Reviews > The Hollow Boy

The Hollow Boy by Jonathan Stroud

“Under all the anger and the sorrow, Lucy, I was was just left feeling hollow”

I love this book.I can't get over it, I want to swallow it and I want to stare at it for a looong time.

description

The Hollow Boy is the third book in the Lockwood & Co. series and damn you, Jonathan Stroud for making me such an unrepentant fangirl to Lucy and Lockwood..

description

Speaking of Lucewood love team, there's another character added to our little band of psychics. Holly Munro is this goody-two-shoes,I'm-so-perfect-and-you-can't-help-but-hate-me-character.

description

She put a threat to my Lucewood ship and she was on my shit list from the moment her name was mentioned in the blurb.

"What's with all the lovey-dovey stuff, Lucy?" the skull in the jar whispered. "You should be vaulting the coffee table and pouring your drink down Munro's blouse. Look at her, little Miss Prim and Perfect, taking center stage. You're not standing for this. Go on, punch her! Kick her shins! Snatch off her shoes and throw them on fire!"

description

Don't get me wrong, there's no romance in this book. It's mainly mildly scary stuff, hilarious snarks by the Skull in the jar and pure awesomeness. But that doesn't stop me from shipping Lucy and Lockwood.

Anyway, I still have to wait for more people to read this book. Don't wanna much spoilers and all that.. But, this needs to be said. THIS IS THE ONLY MIDDLE GRADE SERIES THAT I KNOW THAT GETS BETTER AND BETTER.

description

P.S: Because of the ending,Jonathan Stroud, here.

description

The aesthetics are from Tumblr and are no fucking way owned by me

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Hollow Boy.

February 11, 2015 – Shelved
February 11, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read
September 29, 2015 – Started Reading
September 29, 2015 –
0.0% "FUUUUUUCK!THIS IS IT!!!"
September 29, 2015 –
10.0% "Just saying that if ever something bad happen to the Lockwood and Lucy loveteam, I will be more bitchy than usual.."
October 1, 2015 – Shelved as: read-2015
October 1, 2015 – Shelved as: almost-a-fave
October 1, 2015 – Shelved as: suspense
October 1, 2015 – Shelved as: teen
October 1, 2015 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)

Zouagie agreed.

Paige  Bookdragon Zouagie wrote: "agreed."

IKR. There's this new assistant thingy and I'm kinda scared of what will happeb to the Lucy and Lockwood love team

message 3: by Judith (new)

Judith Fab review,Sweetie and great images,xx

Paige  Bookdragon Judith wrote: "Fab review,Sweetie and great images,xx"

Aww. Thanks Judith ! ♥

message 5: by Jilly (new)

Jilly Beautiful review, Paige! :)

Paige  Bookdragon Jilly wrote: "Beautiful review, Paige! :)"

Thanks Jilly! Have you tried the first book?

message 7: by Jilly (new)

Jilly Not yet. I just added it to my To-Read list. :)

Paige  Bookdragon Try reading it, I think you'll ship Lockwood :)

message 9: by Jilly (new)

Jilly Paige wrote: "Try reading it, I think you'll ship Lockwood :)"

Thank goodness. I've been dying to try this new "shipping" thing that all the young kids are talking about! ;)

Paige  Bookdragon LOL! Let's just hope that the shipping won't sink.. :)

message 11: by Jilly (new)

Jilly Paige wrote: "LOL! Let's just hope that the shipping won't sink.. :)"

Yeah, shipping me is like shipping the Titanic: too big, too old, and just a little dinghy. ;)

Margaret Spot on! love your review, beeteedubs.

Paige  Bookdragon Agwu wrote: "Spot on! love your review, beeteedubs."

thanks honeybunch ♥

message 14: by Sana (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sana YO I LOVE THIS REVIEW. LITERALLY ALL MY THOUGHTS ARE IN YOUR REVIEW.

Paige  Bookdragon Sana wrote: "YO I LOVE THIS REVIEW. LITERALLY ALL MY THOUGHTS ARE IN YOUR REVIEW."

thank you!!!have you read the sequel?!

message 16: by Sana (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sana Paige wrote: "Sana wrote: "YO I LOVE THIS REVIEW. LITERALLY ALL MY THOUGHTS ARE IN YOUR REVIEW."

thank you!!!have you read the sequel?!"

no I haven't but I have it! plan on reading it soon. :))

Paige  Bookdragon Sana wrote: "Paige wrote: "Sana wrote: "YO I LOVE THIS REVIEW. LITERALLY ALL MY THOUGHTS ARE IN YOUR REVIEW."

thank you!!!have you read the sequel?!"

no I haven't but I have it! plan on reading it soon. :))"

the skull was amaaaaazing!!!! And I have to tell you, some things will shock you <3

message 18: by Sana (last edited Nov 27, 2016 05:10PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sana Paige wrote: "Sana wrote: "Paige wrote: "Sana wrote: "YO I LOVE THIS REVIEW. LITERALLY ALL MY THOUGHTS ARE IN YOUR REVIEW."

thank you!!!have you read the sequel?!"

no I haven't but I have it! plan on reading i..."

I freaking love the skull. XD he's my spirit animal. :P
Please tell me it's a good shock.

Paige  Bookdragon Sana wrote: "Paige wrote: "Sana wrote: "Paige wrote: "Sana wrote: "YO I LOVE THIS REVIEW. LITERALLY ALL MY THOUGHTS ARE IN YOUR REVIEW."

thank you!!!have you read the sequel?!"

no I haven't but I have it! pla..."

IT'S A GOOD SHOCK. But it's also the "oh-my-God-wtf" kind of shock hahaha

message 20: by Sana (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sana Paige wrote: "Sana wrote: "Paige wrote: "Sana wrote: "Paige wrote: "Sana wrote: "YO I LOVE THIS REVIEW. LITERALLY ALL MY THOUGHTS ARE IN YOUR REVIEW."

no I haven't but I..."

Girl you are making me want to read it. like right now. :P

Paige  Bookdragon Sana wrote: "Paige wrote: "Sana wrote: "Paige wrote: "Sana wrote: "Paige wrote: "Sana wrote: "YO I LOVE THIS REVIEW. LITERALLY ALL MY THOUGHTS ARE IN YOUR REVIEW."

no I..."

*chants*

READ!READ!READ!READ!

✨Gayatri ✨ I love lockwood & co and I'm just glad that other people do to. 😊

Paige  Bookdragon Gayatri wrote: "I love lockwood & co and I'm just glad that other people do to. 😊"

Lockwood is like the best. I have this huge crush on him. I hope stroud will release some novellas or just make another series where the setting is still in Lockwood's world

✨Gayatri ✨ the skull is amazing! I just wish that there were more characters like him!