Corina's Reviews > Rock Hard

Rock Hard by Nalini Singh

bookshelves: favorites, re-reads, office-romance, jerk
Read 2 times. Last read September 1, 2019 to September 2, 2019.

REREAD September 2019

____________________________________

OMG Rock Hard was my favorite ROCK KISS book so far. ♡♡♡ It deserved ALL THE STARS!!!

I loved it.

If you love office romances as much as I do - this is the book for you!!!!

If you love a snarly and bad tempered T-Rex of a man, being ensnared by a quiet but strong minded PA that wraps him around her little finger - you need to read this book!!! I was in love from the very first page. And I was so ecstatic to finally start Charlotte and Gabriel's story.

I had a feeling their story would be worth writing about and Nalini Singh definitely delivered.

When Charlotte's company is taken over by a T-Rex kind of guy, a shark in the business world, and an all consuming personality that easily overpowered poor Charlotte, all bets were off. The interactions between Gabriel and Charlotte were beautifully written. Witty, funny and engaging. Charlotte's struggle was believable and the author took her time to solve her hangups in a timely manner-which gave it an authentic feel. I especially liked that they had a slow burn romance going. I adored the lengthy foreplay, and their interaction at work were a highlight. It was a true delight!!

Gabriel was unexpectedly patient with Charlotte. I loved him so much more for that. He was endearing, understanding but when he became snarly all bets were off - SWOON.

This book checked all of my boxes. The characters were fabulous, the story enchanting, captivating and romantic and the writing was off the charts awesome!! I already have the feeling that I'm going to read it again. Gabriel and Charlotte completely took me by surprise and I had the worst book hangover in a long time.

____________________________________
For more book recommendations, follow me on Instagram

For more reviews check out the blog
____________________________________

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rock Hard.

February 11, 2015 – Shelved
February 11, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read
March 25, 2015 – Started Reading
March 25, 2015 – Finished Reading
January 29, 2016 –
44.0% "Rereading a favorite of mine. Don't know what makes it so alluring but the entire situation between T-Rex and timid Mouse is so very entertaining.;-) And I've always had such a fondness for boss and subordinate entanglements."
December 1, 2016 – Shelved as: favorites
December 17, 2016 – Shelved as: re-reads
October 12, 2017 – Shelved as: office-romance
October 12, 2017 – Shelved as: jerk
September 1, 2019 – Started Reading
September 2, 2019 –
September 2, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)

Holli Glad you got a 5 star after the WWII bummer. I'm not a fan of this author, but I always take note when you give out the coveted 5 star rating. I'll have to try it.

Corina It was a pleasant surprise. I love her Changling series, but not necessarily LOVED her first Rock Kiss book which was surprising. Give it a try and see if changes your mind.;-)

Aisling Zena Lovely review Corina! :)

message 4: by Pamela (new)

Pamela Zinnel I loved this book too!!

message 5: by Javelyn (new) - added it

Javelyn Loved this book as well, so glad you loved it too! Thanks for the review.

Corina Pamela wrote: "I loved this book too!!"

It was as good as the first time around :D

Corina Javelyn wrote: "Loved this book as well, so glad you loved it too! Thanks for the review."

I love rereading favorites - and it was the best book to pick up for a reread xoxo

message 8: by Javelyn (new) - added it

Javelyn Brilliant, yup I agree.