Sarita's Reviews > When a Secret Kills

When a Secret Kills by Lynette Eason

bookshelves: cfd-buddy-reads, christian-mystery-suspense, favourites, kindle

What an ending to a great series. This is a series to be read in order, since the plot of book 3 starts in Book 1 and continues and concludes in book 3. This series will found a place on my favourite list.

Jillian saw something 10 years ago on graduation night, and disappeared. Now after 10 years she is back for answers and to bring the truth to light even though her life is in danger. She reunites with Colton, her high school boyfriend, detective and nephew of the man she accuses of murdering the governor.

The suspense and mystery kept me guessing from beginning to end. Some questions were answered instantly, for example what was in the package Jillian send to Serena in book 2 and some was only answered towards the end of the book, who is the mystery man, who is sending the mystery notes. My list of suspects grew with the turn of each page and there was a few unexpected twists that kept me on the edge of my seat.

Jillian and Colton was my favourite couple of the series. They had a history and I felt for them, for all the lost years. It was beautiful to see how they forgave and grew closer to each other.

If you love suspense books, you need to read Lynette Eason. She kept me on the edge of my seat through all of the books of her I read, the plots are well written, the killers twisted (think criminal minds) and the love stories secondary to the suspense but sweet.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read When a Secret Kills.

Quotes Sarita Liked

Lynette Eason
“Let the past be the past.”
Lynette Eason, When a Secret Kills

Lynette Eason
“having a relationship with God still takes work on our part. If you ignore it long enough, it will wither and die. I’m talking about on the human end, not God’s.”
Lynette Eason, When a Secret Kills

February 11, 2015 – Shelved
February 11, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read-borrow-or-buy
September 17, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read
October 8, 2015 – Started Reading
October 8, 2015 –
7.0% "What a gripping start. Wish I could spend the day reading!"
October 9, 2015 –
23.0% "This book is so good!"
October 12, 2015 –
54.0% "so many cover ups!"
October 13, 2015 –
82.0% "Still have a lot of questions!"
October 13, 2015 –
92.0% "I think I know who done it and think I know why, but guessing there will still be some missing pieces which will fall in place now!"
October 14, 2015 –