Sarah's Reviews > The Lost Heiress

The Lost Heiress by Roseanna M. White

bookshelves: 2018-reads, audiobook, historical-fiction
Read 2 times. Last read June 11, 2019.

* 2019 re-read*
This book really helped me work through some emotions last year so it will always have a special place in my heart. I enjoyed this re-read and look forward to reading the rest of the series.

*2018 Review*
Age Appropriate For: 15 and up for romance
Best for Ages: 15 and up

Okay, I admit, I put off reading this book for one reason and one reason only – all the hype. The last book I read because of the hype (that was traditionally published) ended up being a major disappointment. I finally decided to read this book, and I have to say that it lived up to the hype.
White has a wonderful style of writing and a wonderful way of making her characters feel unique. I discovered that in Ring of Secrets. However, this book was even better. Everything about it just felt rich, beautiful, and perfect.

With the exception of one scene where I thought the kissing was a bit much, the romance was my favorite that I’ve read in a long time. While there are some of the typical issues that are found in a romance, (I can’t tell them this thing or that I love them), the characters actions and motivations were understandable. There were a couple of moments that I nearly cried, the pain felt so real.

I loved the beautiful settings and the rich historical backdrop of the story. The time was a mix of old horses and cars, of etiquette and throwing off of tradition, the old and new clashing and mixing. The different cultures represented in the story only made it richer.

The mystery that was part of the story was wonderful. It propelled the story forward, kept me guessing, and the conclusion was wonderful. I look forward to reading more in this series and by this author.

I highly recommend this book to those who like romance, historical fiction, and compelling characters.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Lost Heiress.

February 10, 2015 – Shelved
February 10, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read
February 15, 2018 – Started Reading
February 15, 2018 – Shelved as: 2018-reads
February 15, 2018 – Shelved as: audiobook
February 15, 2018 – Shelved as: historical-fiction
February 15, 2018 –
page 8
53.33% "Okay, I listened while I worked today. Right now, my heart is broken."
February 15, 2018 –
page 8
53.33% ""Love is always worth the pain, even if we lose it."

Wow! Such true words."