KindleJo Jo's Reviews > The Accidental Dragon

The Accidental Dragon by Dakota Cassidy

bookshelves: paranormal, romance, cracktastic

A vampire, a werewolf, and a half vampire-half werewolf walk into an antique store…

Nina, Wanda, and Marty are out for a small ski vacation in Vermont. If you’ve read any of the other Accidentally Paranormal books, you know this can only mean trouble. Mick is in the antique shop to warn his best friend’s sister off her current boyfriend, which of course leads to yet another argument between Mick and Tessa. This is their worst one yet, as Mick ends up lighting Tessa’s shop on fire. Apparently, he’s turned into a dragon. Lucky for him, the women of the OOPS team are there to assist. This leads to another dragon, a magical egg, the expression of hidden feelings, and all kinds of craziness.

While Ms Cassidy doesn’t shy away from series issues in her books, the blend of humor and build your own family dynamics keeps this series at the top of my reading for fun list. All the characters bring something special to the page, not only for their supernatural qualities, but for their ability to bring togetherness to any group dynamic. While this story is Mick and Tessa’s, the whole paranormal family plays a part.

Mick and Tessa have been in love with each other for years, but something happened when Tessa’s brother (Noah) died and now it seems the two are destined to be at odds. I really liked where Ms Cassidy took us with their journey. I was surprised with the source of the main conflict for Mick when it came to Tessa, and I appreciated their love all the more because of it. Mick and Tessa have to literally go to Hell and back to get their HEA. We see an old nemesis, which was also a surprise, and many of the characters from the past books during the course of the story. If you’ve enjoyed the other Accidentally books, you’ll appreciate how well The Accidental Dragon and Mick and Tessa fit in with the rest of the menagerie that makes up OOPS. If you haven’t read the series, it can stand well on its own as you learn to navigate the paranormal world with Mick and Tessa :)

Original post: http://wickedlilpixie.com/2015/02/10/...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Accidental Dragon.

Started Reading
February 4, 2015 –
22.0% "This series is my book crack. I missed Nina and the gang :D" (Kindle Edition)
February 4, 2015 –
30.0% "I always love a Mothra reference! \n She used one of her flannel footies to toe Tessa's shoulder. "You set your GD house on fire, Mothra."" (Kindle Edition)
February 4, 2015 –
45.0% "Well, that was certainly unexpected." (Kindle Edition)
February 4, 2015 – Finished Reading