Jessica Alcazar's Reviews > The Surrogate Husband

The Surrogate Husband by Wynter Daniels

bookshelves: netgalley, publisher-entangled-publishing

ARC provided by Entangled Publishing, LLC via NETGALLEY for an honest review.

This story was totally irresistible and I had a blast reading it. OK, so let me tell you about the FUNFRIKKINTASTIC that is this story! LOL We have Lucy, a girl who wants nothing to do with love and relationships. We have her mother, who causes a WHOLE world of fantastic trouble for Lucy. We have a dying Aunt, but do we REALLY?!?!?, who only wants to see her beautiful niece married before she dies ... AND, we have Dex, the accountant, who's only focus is the merger of his Company, or is it?!?!?! LMAO
So here goes the gist .... Lucy's aunt is on her dying bed so Lucy's mother decides to tell her a little white lie about Lucy because in the end, who's gonna know, right? the woman is dying ... ok, but no so much, because she recovers. And you know what that means, right? Cue .... our love story where if something has the possibility of going wrong, it does. FANTASTIC, I tell ya. OK, let's move on ... so now that auntie has recovered, Lucy has to find herself a pretend husband and PRONTO (thanks mom!). And what do you know, here come Dex. Now Dex has been Lucy's accountant for a while, but they've only connected via emails or phone calls. One day, he comes to her shop and WHAM, he's embroider in this hilarious scheme of being Lucy's 'husband'. Did I mention that Dex's company has a very strict fraternization policy? Did I also mention that he needs to be on his BEST behavior because he is trying to merge his Company? But Dex doesn't exactly think of these things when he agrees to this scheme because when he sees Lucy for the first time he is so drawn to her he just cannot say no. And really, what's the harm, right? All they have to do is show up at her family's wedding and pretend they are married. No one from his company will even be there, so who cares, right?! .... um yea, as I said before HILARIOUS!

I loved reading this story SO much! The characters all made sense (they all had a role, not just there to take up space in your mind), and there were quite a few. And the storyline was very well developed and came full circle. Nothing was choppy and the ending was smooth! And once Lucy and Dex got going on their 'relationship', feelings began to develop and they were both VERY VERY steamy together ;)

HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS BOOK!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Surrogate Husband.

Started Reading