Melvina's Reviews > Hunted

Hunted by Suzanne Ferrell

Feb 10, 2015

This is the first book I have read by this author and I loved it. It was a recommendation by one of the book clubs and it was so up my street. I honestly think Matt is my new book hero, he is everything you could possibly want, heroic, honest, steadfast, loyal, gentle with a slight fragility, and determined, and did I happen to mention he's also HOT! Katie is a lonely soul who's been beaten and broken yet is still on her feet fighting. Their story is one of courage, love and above all trust. Katie's never had anyone to trust and love so breaking down her walls isn't easy or straight forward, but Matt believes she is worth it. He seems to know just what she needs and when she needs it. I loved how he tamped down his anger so as not to scare her, but wasn't afraid to stand his ground when he had to for her own good. Katie's life just about broke my heart and wasn't always an easy read, and when she cried that first time I'm not ashamed to say I cried right along with her. What was apparent throughout the story was that Matt didn't fall in love with her because she'd had a tragic life, it was because he valued the woman she had become because of it. It was truly a fabulous find and these characters and their story will stay with me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hunted.

Started Reading