Lacy Lynch's Reviews > The Accidental Empress

The Accidental Empress by Allison Pataki

"I love those who yearn for the impossible" (Goethe) so it is no wonder I love this book, which attempts (and achieves) the impossible in bringing Empress Sisi's tragic, beautiful contradictory life to the page. In full disclosure, I am Allison Pataki's agent. I am also an avid reader, and I am unbiased when I say that Allison Pataki strikes gold again with this beautiful book about the last Austria-Hungarian Empress. I recommend this book because Allison so accurately and emotionally captures a woman that otherwise would be mostly lost to the American public. Sisi was a complicated woman. She was a star. She was an angel plagued by demons, and a demon plagued by angels. In other words, she was human-- and a beautiful human at that. Allison captures her perfectly. I tell her that she and Sisi are sweet friends separated only by time. I can only imagine that Sisi looks down on us and smiles, as her tumultuous true story is lovingly rendered, and as readers find themselves drawn in by the "fairy queen" once more.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Accidental Empress.

Started Reading