Rane's Reviews > The Best Intentions

The Best Intentions by Candice Hern

1987431

bookshelves: keeper, traditional-regency

This was such a fun and delightful type of traditional regency that holds a special place in my heart. Everything was plain fun from the very top-lofty Earl to the unconventional young miss that are surprised when they fall in love with one another.

Miles, Earl of Strickland wants a loveless marriage and a mother for his two daughters. Hiding his emotions behind very correct in his thoughts and manners, and losing his first love and wife, he doesn't believe he'll ever love again. His life is changed 180 when he meets Hannah, the outspoken miss, who finds Saxon architecture amazing and tells it likes it is while trying to be a true lady for her sister who has her eye on Miles for her next husband and believed vice versa on his account.

It's very sweet how both slowly start to fall in love with one another. Hannah feels Miles has his eye for only her beautiful older sister, so when her feelings start to develop she wants to hide them away. Miles finds Hannah's widow sister delightful to the eye, but she leaves him feeling cold. Hannah on the other hand makes him laugh and brings him out of his shell after the death of his wife. He brings a sort of mature calmness to Hannah and appreciates her mind and her love for architecture.

I did feel that Miles and Hannah took a little longer to reveled their feelings toward one another and the big chase scene in the end could have been left out. This was a clean romance with a few kisses and great secondary characters that just added to the great mix of this wonderful book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Best Intentions.

September 1, 2010 – Shelved
August 2, 2012 – Started Reading
August 3, 2012 –
100.0% "so sweet!"
August 3, 2012 – Finished Reading
August 4, 2012 – Shelved as: keeper
September 28, 2012 – Shelved as: traditional-regency

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)

message 1: by Linda (new)

Linda This reminds me of a book I read a couple of weeks ago, The second duchess. I suggest you give it a try, if you haven't read it. Thank you for a good review!

Rane Thank you Linda for the rec! I'll have to track down the book! *hugs*

message 3: by KatLynne (new)

KatLynne Wonderful review Rane!

Rane KatLynne wrote: "Wonderful review Rane!"

Thanks Kat! *hugs*

Spacklefritz thanks to your review, I've now added this to my to-read list :P

Rane Spacklefritz wrote: "thanks to your review, I've now added this to my to-read list :P"

^_- Your welcome Spackle! It's a cute book!

Spacklefritz Rane wrote: ^_- Your welcome Spackle! It's a cute book!"

*nods* It sounds that way ^_^

message 8: by AgentScully (new)

AgentScully Fab review Rane!

Rane AgentScully wrote: "Fab review Rane!"

Thanks Scully!

message 10: by Kristen (new)

Kristen Great review, Rane!

message 11: by Rane (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rane Kristen wrote: "Great review, Rane!"

Thanks Kristen!

message 12: by Kaz (new) - added it

Kaz Thank you! this book is now on my tbr list! :D