tENTATIVELY, cONVENIENCE's Reviews > The Oklahoma City Bombing and the Politics of Terror

The Oklahoma City Bombing and the Politics of Terror by David  Hoffman

liked it
bookshelves: politics

I only have a photocopy of this bk because, supposedly, an FBI agent mentioned in it sued & won the lawsuit - wch resulted in the publisher being forced to burn the remaining copies of the bk - SO, a photocopy is all I've managed to get. By way of preface, I had a young friend who was quite nice who sd to me one time something to the effect that she wanted Timothy McVeigh executed. That struck me as misguided given that she cdn't possibly have any reliable info about whether he was guilty or not. After all, the media surrounding McVeigh was highly sensationalized & dubious. This bk basically claims that the FBI was complicit in the Oklahoma City Bombing - [my interpolation: in the same way that they were in KKK murders in the 1960s] - ie: thru infilitrators, etc. I read this bk w/ sympathy given that I suspect that all does not meet the eye in connection w/ Oklahoma City. Nonetheless, author David Hoffman's glaring historical inaccuracy of saying (on page 413) that Angela Davis was a member of the "Chicago 7" (8) makes me suspicious of his investigative journalism overall. Still, if you can find a copy of this, read it.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Oklahoma City Bombing and the Politics of Terror.