Jodie's Reviews > Hero

Hero by Samantha Young

Feb 09, 2015

bookshelves: genre-chick-lit, genre-erotica, i-own-ebook, genre-romance

See more reviews at Words Read & Written

I started reading this directly after finishing Down London Street. I've been really impressed with Samantha Young's work, and this is the third novel of hers that I've read.

Like all Samantha Young novels, the first chapter is an info dump. It brings you right up to date with the characters and their situations at present. This is pretty typical of her work, so I pushed my way through it.

I have to admit that I'm wary of boss/employee romances. I've read a few before and never really liked them. But I liked how funny this was, and I really liked Alexa and Caine together. They were real and believable and fun to read about. I appreciated the themes of family and how a parents decision can affect your entire life.

MY VERDICT - 4 STARS

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hero.

February 9, 2015 – Shelved
February 9, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read
May 6, 2015 – Started Reading
May 6, 2015 – Shelved as: genre-chick-lit
May 6, 2015 – Shelved as: i-own-ebook
May 6, 2015 – Shelved as: genre-erotica
May 6, 2015 – Shelved as: genre-romance
May 6, 2015 – Finished Reading

message 1: by Lynette (new)

Lynette Noni How do you possibly have time to read while you're off gallivanting in the USA!?!?

Jodie I've discovered and I can read on the bus without feeling sick haha. Plenty of time to read!

message 6: by Lynette (new)

Lynette Noni Haha, that's awesome! Wish I could do that!