Heather's Reviews > Crashing the Net: Seattle Sockeyes Hockey

Crashing the Net by Jami Davenport

**I was provided an ARC by the author for an honest review**

We originally met Izzy Maxwell and Cooper Black in Jami Davenport's Crashing the Boards and while the sparks flew between them upon their first meeting, things have decidedly cooled at the beginning of this sequel due to the jealous and controlling ways that plague Cooper. When Cooper almost ruins one of the parties that Izzy and her sisters are crashing, she calls it quits with the star hockey player. Izzy is determined to stick to her original plan - only rely on herself and nobody else.

While Cooper prepares to start training camp, he's surprised when his teenage nephew shows up on his doorstep after his mother abandons him only leaving his uncle's address for the young boy to find. Cooper knows he's in over his head and while he's desperately trying to figure out what to do with a moody teenager, he's also missing Izzy something fierce and fighting demons from his own childhood that are seeping into every part of his daily life now.

Needing the woman he is falling for in his life, and knowing that Izzy is struggling financially, Cooper agrees to try to change his jealous ways if only she'll give him a second chance. With Izzy back in his life helping to care for his nephew, Riley, Cooper finally feels like he's got things going in the right direction. That is until he realizes that both Izzy and Riley are becoming more permanent in his life than he intended them to.

When tragedy strikes, Cooper turns to the one person he instinctively reaches for - Izzy. Will Cooper and Izzy be able to overcome not only the scary situation they are immersed in, but the demons from both their pasts that threaten their future?

I loved this book! Jami Davenport did a fantastic job immersing us in the lives of these characters and really making us feel all that they are as we move through the story. I would highly recommend this book, and the entire Game On in Seattle series. I would suggest that if you haven't read Crashing the Boards that you do so before reading this book.

Can't wait for the next book in this series!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Crashing the Net.

February 9, 2015 – Started Reading