Sarah's Reviews > Mockingjay

bookshelves: apocalytic-fiction, children-science-fiction
Recommended to Sarah by: series
Recommended for: grades 7-10
Read from August 31 to September 10, 2010 , read count: 1

** spoiler alert ** I was looking forward to reading (listening) to this book and I was -mostly- not disappointed. I love love LOVED the first book _Hunger Games_ and have faithfully continued to make my way through the trilogy.

This story finds Katniss rescued from the second Hunger Games she is forced to participate in by an underground group that has been attempting to fight the Capital. However, they weren't able to rescue Peeta, so he is captured by the Capital's people.

The rest of the story is about how they get Peeta back, the chaos all of the districts are experiencing, and how the underground group tries to fight the Capital. The epilogue brought to mind the epilogue in the _Harry Potter_ series, in that it completes the series so that there is no speculation as to what happens to the characters.

I thought that this book was fine; nothing can compare to the first book in the series, and this was a fine way to end it. There were a few parts in the book where I was like, "noooo!"--so I was pretty attached to some of the characters.

I've recommended book one to others, also mentioning that they don't necessarily need to read the rest of the trilogy.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mockingjay.