Orie at Let's Take A Shelfie's Reviews > The Last Unicorn: A Search for One of Earth's Rarest Creatures

The Last Unicorn by William deBuys

bookshelves: netgalleys

William deBuys accompanies conservation biologist William Robichaud on his quest to find the saola. The saola are one the rarest mammals in the world and make their home in very remote areas of Laos. The group endures a dangerous trek though rivers and mountains as they make their way to the presumed location of the saola.

This was a challenging read for me and took a couple tries to really get into it. Once I got into the groove of reading however, I was hooked. The maps and photographs helped with really getting a feel for what the environment was like and how difficult the terrain was to navigate. William deBuys provides a real and captivating account of the expedition and builds a sense of mystery surrounding the saola. He describes the relationships he has built with the expedition members and the strong bond he has built with Robichaud.

I would recommend this book to anyone who wants a glimpse into a remote and uninhabited part of the world and learn about one of its rarest creatures.

Disclaimer: I received a digital ARC of The Last Unicorn directly from its publisher Little, Brown and Company in exchange for an honest review.

My original review can be found on my blog: oriemg.blogspot.ca

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Last Unicorn.

February 9, 2015 – Started Reading
February 9, 2015 – Shelved
February 11, 2015 –
page 77
20.92% "The saola sounds like such a majestic creature."
February 15, 2015 – Finished Reading