Tina's Reviews > Ascension

Ascension by Stacey Rourke

bookshelves: favorite-authors, my-favorites

"She is like no other. She will draw strength from them all. Her need to protect them will be her catalyst. Only then can she do what must be done and become the hero we need her to be. Only then will she...ascend."

"You were chosen for this high honor, CeeCee. Because of your strong strength of character."

"One lone thought plagued me as those double doors slammed shut behind us; the very Council that created my team just tore it apart."

"The very people that hold magicks powerful enough to turn one of you into a lion and the other into a Conduit now believe you to be traitors."

Ascension is the fouth book in The Gryphon Series and brings Celeste to finally face her destiny head on. She never asked for this "honor" to be thrust upon her, but she realizes she has to save her family, her town and humanity. Through a series of attacks on her loved ones and the citizens of Gainesboro, Celeste recognizes that she may have to stand alone and be faced with losing everything that she holds dear. A feeling of isolation threatens to pull her under, but her determination and the passion of all who care for her,provides her with the strength she needs to go to war.

Ascesion is the emotionally charged ending to the Gryphon Series. It has everything that made me fall in love with it and so much more. Celeste has grown tremendously from the first book, not only in strength but her drive to keep her loved ones safe. This makes her a character that I could really grow attached to. Also one of my favorite characters, Gram, gives us a glimpse of her ability to keep the Garrett family together as the matriarch and often times the much needed comic relief in the turbulent events. She had so many hystrically funny one liners either from her or about her. I could visualize her with leopard print leotards, bright red nails and maybe even a bandana around her head while she sweats to Olivia Newton John's Let's Get Physical. LOL Maybe that's just me. "I give it two hours, tops, before she's in the middle of Main Street singing Lady Marmalade...again." Haha

Of course I can't leave out the two hot males that are both smitten with Celeste. To be faced with that choice would be so difficult. How do you choose between an Irish hottie that could make your knees buckle and the darker "pirate" that excites your senses with just one touch? "Separately, Caleb and Rowan could make any girl swoon. Together they were a symphony of lethal seduction. Dark and Light. Mystery and intrigue. Danger and promise." I could never get enough of them.

One of my ALL TIME favorite series. Highly addicting and beyond hillarious. I love everything about this series. I highly recommend it to anyone who loves paranormal that grabs you and makes you keep coming back and begging for more.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ascension.

February 9, 2015 – Started Reading