Mary Beth *Traveling Sister*'s Reviews > Einstein's Beach House

Einstein's Beach House by Jacob M. Appel

bookshelves: recommendations

I was actually asked by the author if I would be interested in reading an ARC of his book for an honest review! My answer of course was yes of course! I usually do not read short stories because they usually aren't so good. These stories really surprised me, I was not expecting these short stories to be so good!

The stories were to me daily life moments when everything goes wrong. This book was filled with anger, bad luck, worry, and doom. They are very heart broken stories. Some of them I found to be a little humorous especially the depressed hedgehog story.

This is filled with your darkest moments. Have you ever had a day where every thing goes wrong, of course we all have. When you have one of those days, read this book and you will probably laugh out loud.

The story that I thought was the saddest was about a family that was evicted from their own home, but find out that they never even owned it to begin with.

I really did love this collection of short stories. I even liked the characters. I will be reading more books by this author. I consider myself lucky and so happy that I got this book. Jacob Appel Thank You very much! I appreciated this.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Einstein's Beach House.

February 8, 2015 – Shelved
page 67
June 3, 2015 –
page 91
June 15, 2015 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)

message 1: by Stephanie (new) - added it

Stephanie Griffin Sounds like my cup of tea! Thanks for the rec!

Mary Beth *Traveling Sister* Your welcome Stephanie! I was surprised how good they were. Just life moments that when everything goes wrong!

message 3: by ✨Susan✨ (new)

✨Susan✨ Would you consider this dark comedy?

message 4: by Pamela (new)

Pamela Mclaren Thanks for the recommendation, Mary Beth! It sounds like a truly fun book to read.

Mary Beth *Traveling Sister* Susan wrote: "Would you consider this dark comedy?"

Susan I really wouldn't really consider it dark humor, not all stories are funny but a few are. Not every one will have the same problems as the characters in the book had, but I think the best way to summarize this would be life isn't perfect and just stories that might might you feel better when life isn't treating you the way you want it too. I think there are 8 short stories, the book really is a short book.

Mary Beth *Traveling Sister* Pamela wrote: "Thanks for the recommendation, Mary Beth! It sounds like a truly fun book to read."

Pamela I actually thought it was a fun book! Its different! I'm happy I read it!

message 7: by ✨Susan✨ (new)

✨Susan✨ Thanks Mary.

message 8: by Babs (new) - added it

Babs Thanks Mary Beth. Will have to give this one a try :)

message 9: by Pamela (new)

Pamela Mclaren I've actually read the descriptions of a couple of Appel's books and they sound really intriguing. Got to read faster so I can experience more books!

Mary Beth *Traveling Sister* I just noticed this.

You are welcome Babs!

Mary Beth *Traveling Sister* Your welcome Susan.

message 12: by Linda (new)

Linda Great review, Mary. I had passed by this one until I saw your take on it. Sounds good.

Mary Beth *Traveling Sister* It is good Linda! I enjoyed it.

message 14: by Svetlana (new)

Svetlana terrific review Mary!! 💕 sounds like a good read 😄