Trish - Novels In Heels's Reviews > Empty Promises

Empty Promises by Elle Brooks

bookshelves: books-reviewed

5 EMOTIONAL HEART WRENCHING STARS

This…. this right here Elle Brooks left me feeling….. everything.

We do not remember days. We remember moments.

My tears were many, my heart was hurting.

This is a beautiful, powerful, heart wrenchingly real story which had me sobbing for a miracle for Emily and Lucas. It made my heart ache and my eyes hurt from the tears I couldn’t keep at bay.

Let me just say that I love HEA’s, but this was something I never expected to ever appreciate or really understand. It felt so real.

Ms Brooks, you really are a master storyteller. Brining the life and the emotions of your characters to the reader – making every moment, every word feel so real that you just want to take their pain away.

I’m still shedding tears thinking about Emily and Lucas while writing my review. That is how good it is.

Lucas & Emily

“So let me show you?” I feel a tear escape as I narrow my eyes in confusion.

“What?”

“Let me show you, let me make you fall in love with me.”

My tears hit full force and I'm not sure if I’ll be able to make them stop. He crushes my body against his in a tight embrace and I cry a silent torrent of tears into his shirt while he holds me, wordlessly.

Between the hurt and the sadness there were beautiful and remarkable moments of simple happiness that one can not only remember, but cherish for an eternity.

It is never too late to appreciate what you have. It is never too late to live in the moment. It is never too late to fall in love.

Lucas

“I know that this Ethan guy has your heart Emily, but I want you to know that you have mine. You’ve had it from the second you walked in to the hospital that day in your blue dress,” his lips find mine for the lightest of kisses and then before I can reach up to hold him in place, they're gone.

“I love you Em, I want you to know that. And I don’t mean like a friend, I’m in love with you, and this aching inside my chest… I wouldn’t change it for a second.”

An emotional and heart wrenching story which will really leave your heart hurting and your eyes red and wet with tears.

A remarkable and powerful message to live every minute of every day of your life and it's never too late.....

Just brilliant Ms Brooks, Brilliant.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Empty Promises.

Started Reading
February 5, 2015 – Finished Reading
February 7, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read
February 7, 2015 – Shelved
February 7, 2015 – Shelved as: books-reviewed

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

Elle Brooks Wow, I'm speechless. This review is the best compliment I could wish for. Thank you. Xx

Trish -  Novels In Heels Elle wrote: "Wow, I'm speechless. This review is the best compliment I could wish for. Thank you. Xx"

I mean every word... it was bloody brilliant.