Robert Vincent's Reviews > The Art of Writing Reasonable Organic Reaction Mechanisms

The Art of Writing Reasonable Organic Reaction Mechanisms by Robert B. Grossman

I am a chemist by education and occupation but I have always had difficulty figuring out the most reasonable (very aptly chosen word for the title) reaction mechanism for whatever organic reaction I run across. Sure, I can come up with a reaction mechanism but sometimes the mechanism I come up with does not hold up to scrutiny. I bought this book to try to better myself in that regard. The book itself is a little learning course, complete with exercises (answers are online) that progresses at a reasonable pace. I was able to follow through on my own and come out of reading (and studying) this book much better able to apply the knowledge I already had in a more focused manner. I would highly recommend this text for anyone trying to better their own understanding of reaction mechanisms or people that have difficulty picking a favorite of many possible reaction paths.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Art of Writing Reasonable Organic Reaction Mechanisms.

Started Reading