♥Xeni♥'s Reviews > Catching Fire

Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins

Okay, Catching Fire was the strangest of all the trilogy.

The Hunger Games focused on the actual build up of the world, the characters and how it all takes place in the arena in the short-term.

Mockingjay focuses on more of a world-view and long-term plans.

Catching Fire seems to sort of be stuck in between, for me. As though Collins had to fill in the space in between the other two books to make the plot line fill out a bit.

But, I did enjoy it (as you can see from my rating). Mainly because we learn a lot more about the world, especially how evil the president is. As a filler book I did enjoy it, although the 75th Hunger Games freaked me out a lot!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Catching Fire.

August 30, 2010 – Shelved
September 13, 2010 – Shelved as: future
September 13, 2010 – Shelved as: thriller
September 13, 2010 –
page 17
4.35% "This book has a lot more of the teenage angst, than the former book, in it. Which is disturbing. I loved the fast paced action of the first book; is this just an "in between" book with a lot of emotions and feelings which I can find in any high school?"
page 47
12.02% "So the plan is to run away into the woods; somehow I don't see it happening."
page 58
14.83% "Okay, now she's made the decision to be part of the rebellion. Which was painfully obvious from the last book. Only took about 60 pages to get here... ("only")"
page 81
20.72% "Okay, so Collins managed to take me by surprise: pick from the existing pool of victors indeed! So, will it be Haymitch or Peeta? Which will be more interesting?"
September 15, 2010 –
page 168
42.97% "Almost done, and although I can almost gauge the ending, I can't fully predict it. I like that."
September 15, 2010 – Finished Reading
September 17, 2010 – Shelved as: dystopian
September 17, 2010 – Shelved as: war
September 17, 2010 – Shelved as: survival
September 17, 2010 – Shelved as: suspense
September 17, 2010 – Shelved as: kick-ass-heroine
September 24, 2010 – Shelved as: should-be-movie

Stephanie lovely and sooo true, the 75th hunger games are freaky!