Jim son of Jim (formerly PhotoJim)'s Reviews > Tempt Me If You Can

Aug 29, 2010

liked it
bookshelves: 2010-reads, romance
Read on August 29, 2010

A solid 3.5 stars for me. This is the second of the Sinclair books and the second I've read. I thought the role Ben played running his company was certainly underplayed but liked the interaction between Ben and Emma. And of course Mike was uber-cool. Since I like hiking and camping, many of the settings appealed to me as well.

You don't need to read the first book but they are loosely related.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tempt Me If You Can.

message 1: by Desperado (new)

Desperado How was the sexing in this book? I vaguely remember reading Chapman a long time ago & I didn't think much of the "fade to black" love scenes.

Jim son of Jim (formerly PhotoJim) One decent scene in the whole book. Lots of teasing and tension up to the actual consummation though. I'd have to give it a B- for sexual content.

message 3: by Desperado (new)

Desperado Eh. So one B- sex scene & a mediocre novel (based on your three star rating)? I think I'll pass. Thanks for the info, Photojim!

Jim son of Jim (formerly PhotoJim) Three stars isn't a bad thing for me. It means I liked it. I'd happily read it again. It wasn't AMAZING or life changing where as soon as I put the book down I had to call someone and tell them to GET THIS BOOK! (5 stars). It wasn't so good that I had to get a copy to keep on my bookshelves forever and I'll probably remember details of the book for years to come (4 stars). I might even buy an extra copy of a four star book to give to a friend. Three for me is still a recommendation. Two is pretty meh but there might be one or two elements I liked. One is a firm DO NOT READ!

For you, I'd say go ahead and skip this one. For others it would be a strong reco. Don't let a three star rating from me ever dissuade you from a book though.

message 5: by Desperado (new)

Desperado I'll try not, Photojim. It's not like I was in a huge rush to try Chapman again, anyway. I just like the cover & your review was titilating. Because you used "uber". Yay! Thanks for explaining your star ratings. I'll make sure to refer to them in the future.