Amberle Husbands's Reviews > Born of Treasure

Born of Treasure by Jordan Elizabeth

I was contacted by Jordan Mierek and offered a complimentary copy of this novel – the sequel to the breath taking Treasure, Darkly – in exchange for an honest review. It’s not often that I can say the second installment in a series truly lives up to the potential of its predecessor, but in this case I most certainly can, and with gusto. I was afraid, with this second novel, that one of the two elements I loved so much in the first – Mierek’s astonishingly elegant grasp of both steampunk atmosphere and the Western genre – would have to flag. But no, both are still alive and well in the Treasure Chronicles universe!

I was completely taken in by each of the characters all over again, but Amethyst is especially given her moments to shine in this novel. As with the first, if I have one complaint it’s that I’m again left hungry for more of this series! The author has stated on her Goodreads page that further installments are hopefully to come, so I’ll keep my fingers crossed.

If you’re a fan of steampunk, westerns, romances, or crossed-genres in general and you haven’t given this series a shot, please do. I whole-heartedly recommend it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Born of Treasure.

Finished Reading