Leenie's Reviews > Brightly Burning

F 50x66
Aug 29, 2010

bookshelves: own, reread
Read in August, 2010

** spoiler alert ** One of the best books I have ever read!!!! So sad, I cried! But in a wonderful way! The ending when he said I will be with you soon my love! In any other way besides the way Lackey wrote this I would have been sickened by the idea of love between a man and a horse but it was platonic and lovely.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Brightly Burning.

Quotes Leenie Liked

Mercedes Lackey
“Give your enemy a face, If he is human, do not dehumanize him. Know him and know why he is your enemy. If your enemy is within you, understand what it is and why you are afraid. Put a face on your fear. When you understand it, and it is no longer vague and shapeless, you will find that your fear is no longer so formidable.”
Mercedes Lackey, Brightly Burning

Mercedes Lackey
“There’s no such thing as `one, true way’; the only answers worth having are the ones you find for yourself; leave the world better than you found it. Love, freedom, and the chance to do some good — they’re the things worth living and dying for, and if you aren’t willing to die for the things worth living for, you might as well turn in your membership in the human race.”
Mercedes Lackey, Brightly Burning