Rachel's Reviews > Finding Sheba

Finding Sheba by H.B. Moore

liked it
bookshelves: ebooks-for-review, netgalley, e-reader-2015, tbr-2015, march-2015-girl-power, read-2015

Omar Zagouri is an undercover agent who unearths a tomb with cryptic clues that may lead to Queen Sheba's final resting place. This discovery, if authentic, could throw into question the governmental claim to the Holy Land. Wealthy collectors, ruthless archaeologists, and officials from Egypt, Ethiopia, Israel, and Yemen scramble to find and lay claim to the secret site. He teams up with his ex-girlfriend, agent Mia Golding, in order to unravel the truth about the queen, expose a murderer, and reveal a timeless story of love, revenge, and sacrifice. The story also flashes back and forth between the present (Omar's story) and Biblical times with the story of the Queen of Sheba.

I wasn't really happy with this book. I feel like the story was a little chaotic the way it jumped between several different people as well as to Queen Sheba's story. There were also inconsistencies that didn't make sense. The story of the Queen of Sheba is that she was a great Queen with vast wealth. Yet the story line in the book is portraying her as a new queen not even out of her teens when she travels to meet King Solomon. And the whole jumble about her marrying (or not marrying) King Solomon and then having (or not having) his son was unbelievable and confusing.

I also didn't realize it was a re-publication and apparently didn't read enough reviews to get an idea of what the story contained. As a Christian, I believe the Bible is true ALL the way through. So it disturbed me to read several times in this book about the believed possibility that there was no King David or King Solomon or Queen Sheba. I know that this possibility was part of what drove the story line but it just wasn't my cup of tea. However, H.B. Moore is a good writer so the story does keep your attention. And there is plenty of intrigue, suspense, and thrills.

*Thanks to eBooksForReview & NetGalley for providing me with a free e-book copy in exchange for my honest opinion & review.*

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Finding Sheba.

February 5, 2015 – Shelved