Ashley's Reviews > The End of Innocence

The End of Innocence by Allegra Jordan

As soon I as finished reading this book I went to Twitter and began tweeting @AllegraJordan1. Why? Because I finished this book on the train during my commute home and I was crying on the train! Seriously. I was sitting there with my bottom lip quivering and the tears in my eyes and cursing her for writing such a beautiful book.

To say I loved The End of Innocence is an understatement. This book was gorgeous, poetic, and romantic despite revolving around WWI which I was afraid was going to make this entirely depressing. I read a lot of war fiction and I'm not opposed to a heavy war-focus but this book was billed as a romance through a time of war so I didn't want the war to overshadow the story (and it didn't).

Jordan drew me in to her characters from the very beginning chapters. I'm not going to lie, when I first picked it up I wanted to love the book but I was apprehensive. I'm not sure what it was but there was something inside saying, "I don't know if this is really the book for you but give it a chance." I'm so glad I did because by the 2nd or 3rd chapter I was 100% invested in not only the characters but the story. This is one of those books I was so invested in that I was constantly searching for a way to steal a few moments here or there where I could read just a few more pages.

I'll say this about the book - it's big on romance, heartache and forgiveness. Be prepared for Jordan to tug on your heartstrings because it's a very emotional ride.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The End of Innocence.

February 4, 2015 – Started Reading
February 4, 2015 – Shelved
February 4, 2015 –
99.0% "Loved it!! Review coming..."
February 4, 2015 – Finished Reading