Ashley's Reviews > Stork

Stork by Wendy Delsol

Aug 28, 2010

Blurb: This book started out slowly and then before I knew it I was completely sucked in. Many people had told me that the blurb on the back didn’t sound interesting, but trust me it doesn’t do the book justice. Starting out reading this book thought it would be about a teenage girl who got pregnant and was uncertain which guy to love. Basically what drew me into this book from reading the blurb was the fact that there was a baby involved. I absolutely love kids and I thought this would be an okay read. But boy was I wrong! So please don’t judge this book by its blurb :D

Cover: Ok so when you first glance at the cover it doesn’t seem all that special. As you start to read and then look deeper into the cover then you will truly see the whole picture. The little symbols in the cover that elude to the story. The warmth and love behind the girl’s eyes. I always glance at the covers periodically while reading a book. It just seems to give me a little more insight into the character or their circumstances. Also I notice a lot more than I do when I first look at it.

Characters: Katla would be the main character of course. I really got attached to her in this book, She went through rebellion to being upset to wisdom and then to love. She learned a big lesson throughout the book, about what it truly means to love and that sometimes people can change and getting back at someone is not always the best thing for anyone. Jack was yummy. LOL. At first I didn’t really care for him due to his harshness in the store, but as time went on and Katla grew to him so did I. His care for her, and for his family and friends added to the likeness of this character. Unlike Wade who I hated immediately after I started reading. He is one of those guys who believe that the world was his for the taking. The rest of the characters were funny and quirky in their own little ways. I truly liked the characters and thought they were great. Unlike most people when I read I don’t read for correction or to see if the characters were well rounded I truly read for the joy of it. I only review so that I can get the word out about the book and help spread the word for the author or publisher.

I learned from this book that life can be a wonderful mystery if you are willing to solve the clues. I also learned that getting even isn’t always the best thing to do. Its usually always better if you let God do the judging and the getting even. If you get even with someone it really doesn’t make you any better than them.

Stork is a great read that I believe most of everyone will enjoy from the supernatural themes to love of families and friends.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stork.

August 28, 2010 – Started Reading
August 28, 2010 – Shelved
August 29, 2010 –
August 29, 2010 –
page 87
24.51% "Slow to start but then gets a whole lot more fast paced. It is extremely thrilling. Well it is to someone like me who loves babies and has always wanted to work in a nursery. I think it would be amazing to have this gift minus the whole rash in the forehead."
August 31, 2010 –