Kokeshi's Reviews > The Hunger Games

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

Aug 28, 2010

Everything that needs to be said about this book has already been said in the almost 22,000 reviews on Goodreads.

In short, I, as with many others, loved this book. This dystopian novel is full of fast paced, breathless adventure. It is well crafted with interesting characters and fantastic multilayered foreshadowing.

When I first finished the book I thought I would give it a 4/5 star rating. However, when I started to think about the book afterwards I realized what a brilliantly scathing comment it makes on our "reality television" society and decided it certainly deserved a 5/5.

I would recommend this book to anyone.

I am very much looking forward to the next two books!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Hunger Games.

August 28, 2010 – Started Reading
August 28, 2010 – Shelved
September 21, 2010 –
page 180
September 22, 2010 –
page 223
September 23, 2010 – Finished Reading

Marjorie Campbell I would have to agree with the comments regarding this book as a criticism of the reality television and docu-drama genre. I loved the book and was really excited to have the focus be on a female protagonist who is both rational and not preoccupied with romance (as with many of the vampire series abounding right now in youth/teen fiction these days). I wish the ending had not been such a strong segue into the next book and am eager to read it to see what the author can do with this - and not descend into melodramatic, romance stuff. Overall I would highly recommend this book to anyone.