Mario's Reviews > The Hero of Ages

The Hero of Ages by Brandon Sanderson

bookshelves: own, own-read, favorites, completed-series

God, my emotions are all over the place. I've never read a book with an ending that made me so sad, but also so satisfied at the same time.

I don't think that there would be a better way to end this series than this. It was just so epic. The whole series was.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Hero of Ages.

Quotes Mario Liked

Brandon Sanderson
“Well, Vin says that there's something behind all this, right? Some evil force of doom or whatever? Well, if I were said force of doom, then I certainly wouldn't have used my powers to turn the land black. It just lacks flair. Red. Now, that would be an interesting color. Think of the possibilities--if the ash were red, the rivers would run like blood. Black is so monotonous that you can forget about it, but red--you'd always be thinking, 'Why, look at that. That hill is red. That evil force of doom trying to destroy me certainly has style.”

Brandon Sanderson
“It's a mystery," Vin said, narrowing her eyes and smiling. "We Mistborn are incredibly mysterious."
Elend paused." Um...I'm Mistborn too, Vin. That doesn't make any sense."
"We Mistborn need not make sense," Vin said." It's beneath us. Come on-the sun's already down. We need to get moving.”

Brandon Sanderson
“Elend started. "Vin!" Then, he smiled. "What took you so long?"
"I got delayed by an Inquistor and a dark god," she said. "Now hustle.”

Brandon Sanderson
“Ham smiled. "Cett's going to be furious."
Elend shrugged. "He's a paraplegic. What's he going to do? Bite us?”

Brandon Sanderson
“Elend smiled. "Oh, come on. You have to admit that you're unusual, Vin. You're like some strange mixture of a noblewoman, a street urchin, and a cat. Plus, you've mangaged - in our short three years together - to kill not only my god, but my father, my brother, and my fiancée. That's kind of like a homicidal hat trick.”

Brandon Sanderson
“Suddenly, Vin grew pale. Elend paused, glancing at her, sensing that something was wrong. Not with what he'd said, something else. What is it? Assassins? Mist spirits? Koloss?

"I just realized something," Vin said, looking at him with those intense eyes of hers. "I can't go to a ball—I didn't bring a gown!”

February 4, 2015 – Shelved
February 4, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read
February 4, 2015 – Shelved as: own
February 6, 2015 – Started Reading
February 6, 2015 –
0.0% "So excited, and yet so scared starting this one"
February 6, 2015 –
page 120
February 7, 2015 –
page 200
February 8, 2015 –
page 300
page 350
page 420
58.01% "I've lost count of how many times this series blew my mind"
page 500
page 550
page 620
page 690
February 10, 2015 – Shelved as: own-read
February 10, 2015 – Shelved as: favorites
February 10, 2015 – Finished Reading
March 24, 2015 – Shelved as: completed-series

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)

Mario Couldn't agree more! I wanted to reread it right after I flipped the last page :)
So sad that it's over

message 2: by vicky (new)

vicky I can't wait to start this series, I've heard only wonderful things about it :)

Mario I don't know how can someone not like this series. Hope you'll enjoy reading it as much as I did! :)

Kristen SO EPIC!!!

Pinky EXACTLY! WELL SAID!!!!!!!!

Brandi You summed it up so well!