Linda's Reviews > The Pocket Wife

The Pocket Wife by Susan H. Crawford

bookshelves: mystery-thrillers

This was a surprisingly good read. I know some have compared it to Girl on the Train. Although there are some comparatives here, I don't think I can relate it to that book. This was far more than man vs. woman and everything in between.

Susan H. Crawford does a fine job with getting into the head of the main character Dana. I felt like the marbles were rolling around inside my own head as well as I read about the actions and reactions of Dana. Dana suspects her husband, Peter, of machine-gun style cheating, but she has a difficult time sorting through what is real and what is not. Our girl, Dana, has had a previous breakdown, and well, you know, that kinda puts a damper on whether her memories and recall are factual.

When Dana's neighbor is murdered, Dana even suspects herself and the possibility that it may have been her who did the evil deed. Then we're introduced to the police detective, Jack Moss, who has a whole gamut of backlogged personal issues. He brings a human element to the story as he sifts through the mounting clues. This case may touch him personally.

But here's what most of us agree on......it's the writing....really good writing. I'm looking forward to the next book by Susan H. Crawford. She can write nursery rhymes and I'm in.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Pocket Wife.

February 4, 2015 – Shelved
February 4, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read
September 1, 2015 – Started Reading
September 5, 2015 – Finished Reading
January 23, 2016 – Shelved as: mystery-thrillers

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)

Linda Thanks, Mary. Really enjoyed this one.

Linda Thanks, Camie and Angie. A very well written offering by this author.

Suzanne I liked this book. Great review, Linda :)

message 4: by Maureen (new)

Maureen Great review Linda.

Linda Thanks, Maureen. This one actually has more impact than the author's current offering. Well written.

Linda Thanks, Suzanne and Lee. Very interesting storyline in this one. The author really pulled it off well.

Linda Thanks, Danita. The author does a fine job with this one. A lot of intrigue.

Linda Thanks, Benjamin. A really well written mystery by this talented author.

Linda Thanks, PorshaJo, Brenda, and Heather. I don't think that this one got its rightful showcasing here on GR. It's a really well written mystery/thriller with a lot of delicious in's and out's. Good one!

message 10: by Frances (new)

Frances Enjoyed your review Linda; and great to be surprised by a book - makes it more special!

Linda Thanks, Frances. This was a good one by a very talented author.

message 12: by Sandy (new)

Sandy Affer I did not enjoy the choppy writing of Girl on a Train, so if you're saying this different that's a good thing!!