Cee (The Mistress Case)'s Reviews > A Monster Calls

A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness

Feb 03, 2015

bookshelves: book-cover-whore, 2016-goals

"Here is the hardest hit of all, O'Malley," Harry said. "Here is the very worst thing I can do to you."

....

"Good-bye, O'Malley," Harry said, looking into Conor's eyes. "I no longer see you."

Why did this make me tear up all over again? I'm just bitter, hateful, accepting, and relieved all at the same time. This was a painful read and I wanted to get it over with. I wanted not to understand the stories that the monster told Conor. I wanted monsters, destruction, and nightmares not to be real. I wanted it gone and over. Did that make me a bad person? Did it make Conor a bad person? NO. Bless fucking human emotions. Just bless the intricate network of how and what we think, feel, and do.

This book understands me. This book speaks the words I always tell myself. This book comes from a place of truth.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Monster Calls.

February 3, 2015 – Shelved
February 3, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read
February 3, 2015 – Shelved as: book-cover-whore
December 25, 2015 – Started Reading
March 31, 2016 –
page 115
53.24% "The scene of Conor destroying the room hit close to home for me.\n \n \n \n This book is getting painful. I'm just shaking my head now."
March 31, 2016 –
page 169
78.24% "I'm legit crying and reading through my tears. I needa stop. Because this . . . this is exactly what I've been telling myself for years . . . what I tell friends and family . . . it is okay to be angry, to be hurt, it is okay to feel and do. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.\n \n Fuck this shit. I need a break."
April 1, 2016 – Shelved as: 2016-goals
April 1, 2016 – Finished Reading

Penelope I hope you enjoy it! It's one of my favorite books :D

Cee (The Mistress Case) Penélope wrote: "I hope you enjoy it! It's one of my favorite books :D"

Thanks, I think I definitely will :)

Lola Lovely review! Enjoyed this too. AND THOSE PICTURES.

Cee (The Mistress Case) OMG YES, THE PICTURES <3