Sue Brooks's Reviews > Alyssa McCarthy's Magical Missions: Book 1: From Frights to Flaws

Alyssa McCarthy's Magical Missions by Sunayna Prasad

22049281

Awesome book!!! I would totally recommend it for children 11-13 -- depending on their level of maturity. The book does cover some death and the villain plotting the death of the main character of the book -- thus, it might be a little scary for children under 11. If the reader enjoys fantasy and magic, I would truly recommend this book. It's a quick and fun read!

I was recently asked to read and review this book. Well, I started it last night and it kept sounding so so so familiar. So, I go into Amazon and find the book -- and YEPPERS, I bought the book back when it was first printed and read and loved the book at that time. The author truly has a great imagination and has written a wonderful story!!!

The story of Alyssa McCarthy and her discovery of magic was awesome. Her parents died years before and she currently lives with her Uncle and cousin. She decides that she is tired of the uncle (and his mean ways) and wants to move in with her godfather. During the waiting of the legal system to grant her godfather custody, Alyssa is confronted my a magical villain. This villain uses his magic to kidnap Alyssa and take her to the Fiji Islands.

The story has a lot of twists and turns - - and the use of your imagination to visualize some things in the book makes it even better. There are times that I actually pictured myself with Alyssa and the situations she encountered.

I received a copy of this book for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Alyssa McCarthy's Magical Missions.

Started Reading