Booksy's Reviews > Thirteen Weddings

Thirteen Weddings by Paige Toon

10120097

bookshelves: owned
Recommended for: Chick Lit Lovers

“Sometimes you have to step out of the light to see clearly again…”

This quote on the back cover is what initially drew me to it on the shelf at Asda :) It really spoke to me and it is what allowed me to have a really open mind throughout the novel, usually i’d be right along side everyone else saying Bronte was either meant to be with Alex or Lachie. On this out of world moment i didn’t feel i had to do that and that i didn’t have to get extremely angry or upset with the characters decisions…although there were times :)

Having that quote in my mind throughout the novel allowed me to stop and take in the situations more, but it was once you truly get into the story that i realised i really relate to the situations and predicaments the characters are placed in.

“…you can’t help who you fall in love with…”

I’m sure we’ve all heard or been told this at least in our lives and if your lucky enough not to have experienced exactly what that entails yet then Thirteen Weddings is a great eye-opener for you. Once i read that quote it made me realise that although Thirteen Weddings is a work of fiction, people could learn a lot from the story and its characters, i know i have.

Thanks to Paige Toon for writing this amazingly heart-warming yet realistic novel, it’s helped me realise many things but also helped me through a rough time as my grandpa has recently passed away within the last couple of days. I look forward to reading more of Paige Toon’s work :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Thirteen Weddings.

February 3, 2015 – Shelved
February 3, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read
February 9, 2015 – Started Reading
February 18, 2015 –
page 234
55.45% "Didn't see that coming "
February 20, 2015 –
page 310
73.46% "Every chapter holds a new clue yet even more question and puzzle pieces"
February 22, 2015 – Finished Reading