Exina's Reviews > Hold Me Tight

Hold Me Tight by Alex Whitehall

Trevor Hart saves a boy from a possible abuse in a dark alley. Next day he finds him on a bench sleeping. He is injured, and obviously lives on the street, so Trevor takes him home until he gets better.

There is no decent characterization: we know nothing about Trevor, or about Sam… For god’s sake, the author didn’t even give him a surname. Sam is a horny teenager, who believes sex equals love.
"Never going to find love if you don't take chances."
"Risks, you mean. Chances are going on dates with someone when you don't know if you'll have anything in common. Risks are going in back alleys for blow jobs."

Sam is immediately and continuously hitting on Trevor, but Trevor turns him down. Sam is determined to find “love”, so he goes out and fucks with a stranger (without protection). This seems to break Trevor’s resistance, but he is still hesitating.
Sam wanted it; Trevor wanted it. But the thought of some other guy having already... that made him want it less. He dragged in air. Not a lot less, but maybe enough to do what he needed to do. (…) He opened the door to find Sam on the bed, his ass in the air and his thighs spread. The moonlight trickling through the window made his pale skin glow as he waited, presented to the world. It was a beautiful sight and it both aroused him and disgusted him. He wanted to sink into that waiting ass and ride it hard; he had no doubt Sam would be all for it. But part of him couldn't help but question Sam's motives.

Next morning Sam breaks Trevor’s dishes in a temper tantrum, and he doesn’t even give an explanation other than “I wanted you to fuck me.” So Trevor finally caves in.

I can’t imagine any future for these two.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hold Me Tight.

February 3, 2015 – Started Reading
February 3, 2015 – Shelved as: stand-alone
February 3, 2015 – Shelved as: undeveloped-romance
February 3, 2015 – Shelved as: weak-plot-no-plot
February 3, 2015 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)

✦❋Arianna✦❋ Great review, Exina!Sorry it was a bust!:(

Exina Arianna wrote: "Great review, Exina!Sorry it was a bust!:("

Thanks, Arianna! :)

message 3: by Dαɴιjα (new)

Dαɴιjα I hope the other stories work better for you. I've only read a few, but none from Hot Summer Days, I think.

Exina Danija wrote: "I hope the other stories work better for you. I've only read a few, but none from Hot Summer Days, I think."

Thanks, Danija. I've already read some great stories, and I'm sure there will be more in this collection! :)

message 5: by Priyanka (new)

Priyanka Sorry this book didn't work for you. Hope your next read is a nice one and nice review!

Exina Priyanka wrote: "Sorry this book didn't work for you. Hope your next read is a nice one and nice review!"

Thanks, Priyanka! :)

A Girl Has No Name This has obviously been a fail for both of us :/

Exina A Girl Has No Name wrote: "This has obviously been a fail for both of us :/"

Glad I'm not alone with my opinion. :)

message 9: by Karla (new)

Karla Oh man where's the story then?!
Sorry for the bust, hon but great honest review though. xx

message 10: by Exina (new) - rated it 1 star

Exina Karla wrote: "Oh man where's the story then?!
Sorry for the bust, hon but great honest review though. xx"

That's the story, dear, that's all, sadly. Unlikeable characters too.
Thanks! xx

message 11: by Cher (new)

Cher great review, bad book :-(

message 12: by Exina (new) - rated it 1 star

Exina Cher wrote: "great review, bad book :-("

Thanks, Cher! xx